Wednesday, November 22, 2006

F to the E, R, G the I the E

Fergie (the Pea, not the duchess) is so arrogant it's annoying. I'm sorry. I know lots of people like her new CD. I admit London Bridge grew on me a little bit--when I decided to ignore the fact that it made no sense at all. But this new Fergalicious song? I can't. I just can't. She goes on and on about how she's the sh*t over and over. The lyrics are juvenile and obnoxious and so vain that at one point she admits she sounds conceited but she just can't help it. Why? Because she is just so darn D to the E to the L I C I O U S.

Here are some of the best lines:

"And if you was suspicious/ All that shit is fictitious /I blow kisses / that puts them boys on rock, rock"

"And I know I'm comin off just a little bit conceited and I keep on repeating how the boys wanna eat it"

"I'm Fergalicious (so delicious)/ My body stay vicious/ I be up in the gym just working on my fitness/ He's my witness (oooh wee)/ I put yo' boy on rock rock"

This song teaches us that women are tasty (read: D to the E to the L I C I O U S) morsels and that proper english means nothing if you can spell.

Well Fergie Ferg. I will also be in the gym working on my fitness. I'm not sure what "Rock Rock" is but I will try to put yo' boy on it too.

This is in no way an attack on the fun music of the Black Eyed Peas. While their songs are equally meaningless, they are SUPER fun. And they aren't conceited. And they don't spell as much!

3 Comments:

Blogger bemelodious said...

You make some good points. And, although I like her music and don't care about lyrics, I do agree that she spells too much! She has another song called "Glamorous" (which I love), where she spells too.

5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha thanks for this post...as a middle school teacher I hear kids "singing" this song and others like it and just can't help but laugh. I remember when I was a kid, if I spoke with incorrect grammer my mother would correct me as soon as it came out of my mouth. I really like her for that now. It's so frustrating when when you can't understand what a kid is saying because he's useing four double negitives in one run-on sentence.
-Maverick

6:14 PM  
Blogger Nestorsv said...

I totally agree with you too much spell and lousy lyrics, though she has a great body I don't think she is the great new thing.

Great post!

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com