Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Follow the Scrooge

The holiday season has officially begun! And while I normally love the holidays, and usually pride myself on having my Christmas shopping done by thanksgiving, that is not the case this year. Maybe it has a little something to do with three jobs and school....and being sick recently. Also, I have six birthdays in November/early December! SIX people in my life with birthdays in a month's time! Right before Christmas. Yep...this year is the first holiday season where I feel more stressed than excited. It's the first year where I don't want to hassle with a Christmas tree, and I don't want to have our annual Christmas potluck party.

In addition to the school, the birthdays, and the normal holiday stuff, I'm involved in planning a lot of things right now. Normally, I like to plan but with everything going on, I am feeling more stressed than usual about it. That doesn't mean I don't WANT to help plan and organize things for other people, it just means that it's less fun than normal.

Some of the things I'm working on (or helping work on)...
  • Various birthday things for various people
  • My grandparents 60th anniversary dinner
  • KM's bachlorette party
  • Informal high school reunion gathering (for my circle of friends from high school--about 10 of us)
  • Another informal high school reunion gathering (for my super close friends from high school--just three of us)
Despite all the stress of what lies ahead, I am excited about those things I've recently completed:

  1. I am no longer sick. And this time, I have completely let myself get ALL better before deciding I'm better "enough."
  2. Now that I am truly no longer sick, that means I can start working out again. And I can't wait! I feel lazy...and my muscles feel stiff and unused. Which makes me feel fat. And God knows no one needs extra reason to feel fat during this time of the year!
  3. I have decided not to tutor and TA next semester. It was a big decision for me because I don't like saying "no" to things. Also, because I've enjoyed the TA'ing a lot. I told my boss and professors yesterday I'm out for next semester. Checking that "to do" off my list felt great.
  4. I was able to get enrolled in all my classes next semester. That's right! No waiting list dramas this time.
  5. I signed up for Match.com again last night. Yep, I'm giving it another go. Mainly because it's the holidays and I'd like a relationship and I don't know where else to look. Stay tuned for good stories from this next adventure in online dating!
  6. My professor who hates me doesn't hate me anymore. In fact, she's pretty nice lately. She told me I was excused from doing a lab last week since I called in sick. I don't get that. I mean, that's not very "college." But whatever. I'll take the free pass here.
  7. I completed a BIG project at work. My bonus was riding on it, so it's nice to be done and know that that check is coming. YAY for money.

2 Comments:

Blogger sassafras said...

6??? That is crazy! No wonder you're stressed, you have a lot on your plate! Once you start exercising and getting back into normal healthy living I bet things will turn around. Being sick takes a big toll on everything.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Virginia Belle said...

OMG i thought i was stressed, but i think you have me beat.

glad you're feeling better. and kudos on getting some stuff done. i know that is a great feeling.

one day at a time! keep telling yourself that. i know i am!

5:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com