Monday, October 30, 2006

The Good Year

Last night, The General (my roommate) made the best cupcakes ever. And I'm not exaggerating. They were seriously, the best cupcakes ever. EVER. They are coconut and are made from a very expensive Barefoot Contessa box recipe bought from a fabulous, Bristol Farms-inspired, mom-and-pop-sized, neighborhood market.

Here is what they looked like:




















But what they look like does nothing to convey how good they are. Seriously. If life is rated on a scale of happiness from 1 to 10, these cupcakes improved my life a whole number last night.

Speaking of my roommate and apartment related things, it is approximately the one year anniversary of living in our current home. When we moved in to this place, my mom said, "I have a good feeling about you living here. Good things are going to happen for you both."

Well, here we are a year later and both the General and I agree that the year has been a good one. Despite ups and downs, the net results are positive. I often forget how much can happen in a single year (or in Rent terms, "525,600 minutes") and looking back on this one I am amazed at how much stuff can fill up all those minutes.

So tonight I plan to raise a cupcake to toast the good past and to celebrate the good future! And then I will enjoy life improving a whole number up as I consume more fluffy coconut goodness!

(later this week, an update on Halloween, our costumes and the boys!)

2 Comments:

Blogger sassafras said...

Yum...those look good...drooling...
Yay for moving forward and appreciating the past. Here's to an even better year!

8:47 AM  
Blogger Virginia Belle said...

omg those look delicious. i totally believe you when you say they improved your life.

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com