Friday, October 06, 2006

Relationship Inertia

There is a physics rule that says an object in motion will stay in motion until acted upon by an outside force. I am a firm believer that this rule applies to relationships. I've seen it again and again (and again). Once the ball starts rolling down the hill, it rolls until something stranger stops it. That "something stronger" can be any type of break-up. It can be the discovery of a deal-breaker. It can be an infidelity. Or it can be something mundane too...like a general growing disinterest. Either way, if the ball starts to roll, it doesn't stop until it crashes into something bigger.

This has been a truth in my life.

The ball I share with CMB may be crashing right now.


This is a good crash.

1 Comments:

Blogger sassafras said...

Whoa. I'm curious to know what that means exactly...

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com