Sunday, September 24, 2006

Overheard at the Fluff n' Fold

I went to the laundry room this morning and, as usual, there were many interesting things going on. Here are some of them:

I heard one girl tell another guy, “It’s really hard to get into the program. I had to keep my grades up. I think they require something like a 2.7 to get in.”

I tried not to laugh out loud.

Then, I heard some other woman tell a gay man she had just befriended, “I started to watch Sex and the City. I never watched it when it was on HBO, but now it’s all I can think about. I love it. I feel like Carrie Bradshaw and the other girls are my friends. I am so wrapped up in their lives.”

A little late in the game, but welcome to the bandwagon!

While I was getting my laundry out of the trunk of my car, a man in a white truck was getting ready to pull out of the parking lot. He had just been in the liquor store next door. He said, “You’re not gonna watch all the football on TV today?” I looked at him and wasn’t surprised in the least that he was going to be watching football all day. He had just bought himself some Miller. And he had a big burly beard with a big burly truck. Without being too terribly stereotypical, he looked the part. I was getting out my white high thread count sheets and white Egyptian cotton towels, lovingly patting them into my white hamper. I don’t think I looked the part. Nonetheless, I responded with a smile, “I’m just not that into football.” Then he said, “Well Motor cross starts at around 2pm…” To which I responded, “I’m just not that into Motor cross.” He said something else but I couldn’t really here him due to some street traffic, but it was something along the same lines. I responded, “Yeah, I think I’m just gonna do my laundry.” He chuckled and pulled out.

And finally, someone had left behind an October issue of Cosmo. I flipped through it learning about this fall’s trends and how to pick the perfect blush, when I stumbled across a gem of info. As I’ve mentioned on here before, I really enjoy cravings and obsessions. According to Cosmo, “Every time you have a craving, your brain releases dopamine into your body, which invigorates you to go after the goal. When a barrier…prevents you from getting the target, your brain pumps out extra dopamine, making you superfocused on your hunt.” (Dopamine is a feel-good neurotransmitter). Thanks Cosmo. Now I get it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com