Monday, September 18, 2006

Hot and Cold

I have a tendency to obsess. Until recently, I thought my obsessions were really only food cravings. The most obvious examples being the Trader Joe's Roasted Tomatillo salsa (aka Nectar of the Gods)and last summer's Sushi frenzy. Since most of these obsessions are food items, I just considered them cravings. And unlike some people who seem confused or annoyed by their food cravings, I really enjoy mine. In fact, I love them because indulging in craved items is WAY more fun than just eating any old piece of food.

This summer I realized that I sometimes have similar obsessions for other things. TV shows are another example. I prefer to watch TV series on DVD because it better allows me to get swept up in the characters and their lives. If the show is good, I can watch all the episodes back to back, and that kind of all-consuming obsession is great. It is the same with a good book. I just don't want to put a good book down! And if it's part of a series? Well, let's just say when it's time to re-read Harry Potter, I will talk to ya'll in a month or so.

I was talking with the General the other day and I discovered that I am also this way with guys. Lately I'm very "hot" and "cold" with them. I think this is for two reasons: 1) I am wiser (and older and more realistic?), and 2) I have little patience for such things now because of being busier. Whatever the reason why, if I like I guy--I am in the "hot" stage, I am consumed with thoughts of him and I want contact all the time. And then one day, sometimes inexplicably, I am done. I don't want him any more. It's cold.

Given my emotional bandwidth of late, I really like this hot/cold thing. It makes things fun and exciting! But in typical ML fashion, I do wonder what this says about me psychologically....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com