Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Medical Hibernation Ahead

Lots of stuff to tell you but nothing exciting to share really.

I had a great birthday celebration in San Diego this past weekend. I also went to my first Dave Matthews concert (which was lots of fun). I discovered that I'm on a big Mexican food kick. 5 of my 7 weekend meals consisted of Mexican food, mainly burritos from Pedro's. Pedro's, by the way, has been world famous since 1986.

I am amidst my second week of school. This week, TA'ing and Tutoring actually began. I love it but it is exhausting. It is hard to help teach people things all day long. And it literally is all day...on Tuesdays and Thursdays I'm on campus from 8 until about 7:30. I only have one hour off between 11 and 12 (which is right before my TA session so I am usually busy doing prep stuff and printing copies). I get another break for a half hour between tutoring and the lecture I TA for between 5 and 5:30. So all day long, my mind is inundated with Chemistry, Microbio, Physiology and Anatomy.

So last night when I got home, what do you think I felt like doing? Relaxing on the couch. Watching what TV show, you might wonder? House. Yes, even though I spent the entire day thinking about various medical-related sciences, I wanted to do just that at night too. I am slipping back into my early summer routine of nothing but school and medicine.

But I like it! And here's something funny I noticed last night: I can't watch House without having my text books near me. I didn't have them near me last night and I had to keep running up stairs to check my knowledge on things/look stuff up as they were discussed on the show. It's so fun...in a geeky, medical kind of way.

With school and the three jobs, and the LONG days, I am now starting to doubt I'll have the time/energy to do that marathon training again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com