Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Application: Check!

I turned in my nursing school application on Friday. Handing it over to the woman at the post-office was hard. I wasn't ready to part with it! But now I feel incredibly relieved. I feel like I have all this time now. I actually don't though. As I fill up my time with more and more things, when something stops or ends, sometimes I feel lost. Like last night, I got home at 8pm after being on campus since 7:30 that morning. I ate dinner, watched an episode of House, washed the dishes, watered the plants and then I was like, "Now what?" even though it was already 9:30. Of course, not knowing what to do was silly because I had chemistry problems to work on, emails to respond to, 100 Years of Solitude to read, photos to edit and upload, and sleep to catch up on. What did I end up doing? Wasting time on myspace, making a CD, and going to bed too late.

I got this email this morning from UCSF, RE: my application. Scary but exciting! Unfortunately, I won't know if I got in until March.

Dear Follow the Frog,

Thank you for your application to the Master’s Entry Program in Nursing for the Summer of 2007.

Please do not reply to this email. The large number of applications and high volume of supporting documentation does not allow us to respond to individual inquiries abut application status. The Office of Student Affairs will be contacting you later in October about the status of your application. If we find that you are missing any necessary supporting documents, we will give you a brief period to submit those documents to our office.

Sincerely,

*****
Office of Student Affairs
UCSF School of Nursing

1 Comments:

Blogger Virginia Belle said...

this post reminded me so much of what grad school was like! i used to come home and do the same stupid things! but you know what, you are not a machine. i think 12 hours of school is enough for one day! you deserved some mindless, fun things. don't be too hard on yourself. myspace can be good for relaxation!

fingers crossed about nursing school! very exciting! i have a couple of friends in that same kind of program, and (i'm not going to sugar coat it for you) it's kicking their ass, at least time-wise. they eat, sleep and breathe school. but they said that so far, it's not THAT hard, just busy.

good luck!

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com