Friday, September 22, 2006

Thoughts for a Cold and Cloudy Fall Friday

Since I mentioned earlier this week that it was gonna be a good week because of the premiers of ANTM and Grey's Anatomy, I thought I would tell ya'll what I thought about these two season openers.

ANTM: The girls annoyed me the other night. This is really the first time I've been annoyed by the people on this show. It was just all the screaming and the excitement. I get it--why they're excited and all--but it seemed a little much. Also the interactions they had with one another and Tyra seemed a bit more silly than usual. I couldn't help but wonder maybe there was extra silliness and screaming because of direction from their new network?? But, as usual, the photo challenges were great. I just LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing the photos evolve from concept to finished product. Especially the lighting. We get to see the lighting used when the girls are posing (at least what it looks like through video camera) but then the final photos always look SO good and it makes me wonder, how'd they do that?? I also love how some girls don't look that pretty to me in real life (or, in front of the video camera) but when they're on print? They look like models. It's crazy. And this is why I will continue to put up with overly excited, screaming, swirling girls.

GA: The writing on this show is incredible. I love how they connect the theme of each character's life with the theme (given via voice-over) of the episode. I am always moved. And god....the chemistry between McDreamy and whinny Meredith?? It would be hard for me not to chose him. Even though the obvious and right decision would be to go with the Vet.

BOY NEWS

I have spent a lot more time with the Cute Married Boy from school (henceforth known as CMB)! He walked me to my car the other night and we talked the whole way. And then when we got to my car we stopped and talked for 10 more minutes. We have SO much in common (we both lived overseas as kids, went to an International American School, we both lived in Amsterdam, we share similar opinions on so many things, etc.). And then yesterday, I ran into him during a half hour break. He was studying but he seemed really open to chatting and so we did that for the entire half hour. It was one of those conversations where you don't notice anyone else or anything else around you because you're so darn engrossed. And, in case you're wondering, he's 29. He was surprised to hear that I was 28 (he thought I was younger). MySpace came up and we talked about our pages. He told me where to find his, so last night I did and I emailed him! And today, he has written me back but I can't read the email at work! It is blocked for some reason....oh well. Something big to look forward to tonight!

I have decided to try and befriend CMB, despite my growing crush. Maybe he has a single friend as cool as he is?


AN OBSERVATION

A recurring theme in the TV show House is that people lie. I've discovered that a recurring theme in education is that students don't listen. It pains me how much I see them not listening, not writing things down, not paying attention to the right stuff. And it's annoying how much I have to repeat things...


1 Comments:

Blogger ka said...

we both wrote about TV and boys in our blog entries for today :-)

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com