Monday, October 09, 2006

All the Autumn Grey

Today is cold and cloudy. It's fall, and I love it. I hit the snooze button for an hour this morning to fully relish in all the autumn grey. It's best when the weather matches my mood.

This is what I did this weekend:

Friday

I went to BD's apartment. We walked along the beach to get Cold Stone ice cream. Due to the ball crashing, I decided I earned the full-fattening ice cream this time. There would be none of this light or sinless stuff for me. I was all about the fat and the sin. I got the "Love it" size (which is way too much ice cream, especially when you don't really have an appetite) but it felt right and tasted good. I could only eat about half of it and left the other half for BD, who ate it the next morning for breakfast and felt sick. Sorry BD...

So we chatted and walked and caught up on the details of our lives. Then we watched 6 Degrees. We were going to watch some Sex and the City after that, but because we're old and boring we were too tired for much more. I went home. I was 10:30. I listened to Snow Patrol's Chasing Cars on repeat on the way home. And then I watched Grey's Anatomy until I fell asleep.

Saturday

My mom and spent the day buying the necessary materials to turn my brothers bedroom into a guestroom. It was fun! I bought these two beautiful pillows I have been eyeing for some time now. I don't need them--which is why I didn't buy them before--but on Saturday I wanted them badly enough to warrant their purchase. Now they sit on my couch and they make me happy whenever I see them. Who says shopping can't fill a void??

That afternoon, I felt exhausted for no apparent reason. I watched several more episodes of Grey's Anatomy before KA rescued me from my pathetic little arm chair cocoon. We went to my favorite wine bar where we consumed....wine. It was yummy.

Sunday

I woke up and felt badly for having done nothing productive all weekend. The Mount Everest-like pile of clothing in my room was starting to bug me. So I cleaned my room, made my bed, washed all my dishes, watered all the plants, straightened up the living room, etc. Then I went to lunch with B, the new next-door neighbor and friend of TCN's. It was her 25th birthday. Then...it was time for all the homework I hadn't done all week. I have an exam this Thursday and needed to get my ass in gear! It was hard getting started but I ended up getting a lot done.

Then I made strawberry cupcakes for my students.

Then I watched Grey's Anatomy until I fell asleep.

I have a sad, sad existence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com