Friday, November 10, 2006

Get Your Satay On

I wanted to write a post on the influx of people coming back into my life this year, but I must leave that for another day. So here's a quick update instead:

After a week of being sick I finally went to the doctor. They're not 100% certain what I have but I have medicine that helps me sleep (despite the cough), which is good enough for me. Sleeping at night is a good step, but I am ready to feel ALL better, especially 'cause I have a full weekend ahead.

Tonight the General and I are having a small dinner party for a couple of friends who helped us move last year. It took us a year to get this thing planned. Isn't that sad? So yeah, a dinner party. But it's the kind of dinner party where we're ordering food made by someone else. Not the kind where you cook. The General suggested Thai and we all agreed that sounded good. So tonight we're gonna get our satay on!

Even though this is just a low-key event, I still feel compelled to clean the house. Especially since I feel like I've just been sitting around all week being sick and doing nothing. I am in the mood to be productive! But then, I'm tired, so I really only want to be a little bit productive. That's good enough.

Tomorrow is GC's 31st birthday. I am really looking forward to it. We're going to the race tracks! I am going to wear a dress and sip mint juleps and pretend I'm at the derby. And since we've been having a freakishly warm So Cal November (80 degrees plus) I might even wear a sun dress!

On Sunday, I am going to Disneyland with HBo. I have a season pass but haven't gone once since the summer. I am definitely feeling a DL void...and since it's all decorated for Christmas I'm very glad to be going this weekend.

Happy Friday Everyone!

6 Comments:

Blogger HB said...

Hey, I helped you move! My invite must have been lost in the mail... jk, hope you have fun and I'll see you on Sun.

5:46 PM  
Blogger HB said...

Hey, I helped you move! My invite must have been lost in the mail... jk. Hope you have fun and I look forward to seeing you Sunday.

5:49 PM  
Blogger HB said...

oops didn't mean to leave a comment twice, thought it didn't go through first time.

5:50 PM  
Blogger Tai said...

mmmmmTHAI food.

Oh...sorry, did you say something else there?
I heard Satay and I was gone!

7:34 PM  
Blogger Virginia Belle said...

OMG I love thai food. pad kee mau (sp?) is my favorite. MMMMMMM

5:43 AM  
Blogger Virginia Belle said...

oh. oops. sorry. forgot you have blog comment approval! you can delete one. or two!

5:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com