Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Yesterday

My grandmother is doing okay. Well, she's in intensive care and they found a blood clot. But since they found a blood clot that means the clot hasn't had time to travel to her brain and cause a stroke or a heart attack. Which is great news. It's really a good thing she broke her pelvic when she did. Otherwise they wouldn't have found her clot. It's strange how things work sometimes.
I had a fantastic day yesterday. FANTASTIC. Here's why:


1) I took the latest of my dumb chemistry tests. There are 5. And then a cumulative final. So many tests are not good, but the prof drops one of the lowest grades. This will be my lowest grade because I didn't study at all. It was actually really an exercise in "letting go." To not study at all and to go into a test knowing that I will do poorly...very scary. But I survived and it wasn't that bad, and I'm a better person for it!

2) My students grades improved REMARKABLY on their last exam. Even the prof told me this is the highest she's ever seen scores (on average) for this particular exam (she's taught the subject for 20 years). She also pointed out that she hasn't changed and the material hasn't changed very much. The only variables? The students and myself. Since they all did really bad on the first exam...it leads me to think that perhaps, in some small way I have helped. And that feels great!

3) I had some fun times with CMB. He said he has fun with me (I know this already, but it's nice to hear). And he showed some real concern for me regarding something, which made me happy. Also his lesbian friend thinks I'm hot. While I like the men-folk, it's never bad to hear that someone thinks you look good!

4) My brother came home last night. Although he pissed me off big-time about something really stupid, I am over that now and I'm happy that he's down here for the weekend.

5) I love thanksgiving and am excited about the food and good times ahead. Tonight BDP, DJS and I are all hanging out. Which means there will be much laughter.

6) Yesterday, I was also excited about how there wasn't much work left in the week. Today is like Friday, and they usually let us leave early. AND, we have our thanksgiving feast at lunch. Which means after we all eat no one gets anything done. This gives me plenty of time to read all your blogs and catch up on my own. YAY for short work weeks.

7) It's the Private's birthday shindig on Saturday night. It will be fun to try a new restaurant in a cool part of LA (off Melrose).

So that is why yesterday was so great. Today is great too. The feast is done, as is most of the work I need to do today. I'm ready to get out of here and go to the gym. I am working on my pre-holiday-weight-loss-to-neutralize-the-inevitable-holiday-weight-gain plan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com