Thursday, June 23, 2005

Un Rendez-vous De Déjeuner

I had a great lunch date today. It was with a guy I met on Match. Let's call him R. He is nice and smart and fun and interesting. He is tall enough (6'1) and old enough (31), and he's cute! There was never an awkward moment. We had great conversations and great food (at my favorite local sushi place...yes, Y, I'm still addicted!). The lunch sped by and then it was time to go. When we said good-bye I assumed there would be no hugging or kissing because it was a day-time, work-week lunch date thing, and somehow, in my mind, kissing during that kind of date just seems wrong. I went to shake his hand (because I didn't know what else to do) and he shook it, then said, "Come on...give me a hug." So I did. It was a nice long-ish hug. Then he said, "Would you like to do this again sometime?" To which I said "yeah, I'd love that." He's going out of town this weekend so he said he'd call next week. I hope he does!

So the date went well, and that's exciting, but more importantly I am excited because the following:

1) Nice, interesting, single guys DO exist
2) Match.com dates CAN be good and fun
3) Being interested in a non-jerk IS possible

Yippee!! See?? All of this is because of the Cabo boy PB. It's funny how life leads you down certain paths.

I have a date with another Match.com guy tonight and another one tomorrow. I'm going through them like I'm moving my way down a list. Who says dating can't be business-like?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, there are nice guys out there, who probably are saying, wow, there's still nice girls in LA left, I just need to meet one.
TLC

4:00 PM  
Blogger kq said...

Good for you, ML! I'm glad one of us is having success on Match. It was great hanging out with you and KA last night. Must do it again soon!

5:00 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Hey, I'm a nice guy coz my girlfriend said so! Theres only a handful of us around, 90% are jerks while the other 8% are just liars

5:31 PM  
Blogger Follow the Frog said...

hi Mike Elliott. Thanks for posting and I'm so glad there's another nice guy out there.

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so very much for taking your time to create this very useful and informative blog.

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com