Monday, June 20, 2005

Boys go to Jupiter to Get More Stupider

Anyone remember that little jump-roping elementary school chant? While we're all old enough and wise enough to know that a) boys do not actually go to Jupiter, b) "more stupider" is grammatically incorrect and c) boys do not necessarily seek out things to make them more stupid, I am finding that this little statement is becoming more valid in my life as time goes on. Here is some evidence collected over the weekend to support the concept that boys do indeed sometimes act "more stupid."

On Friday night, as part of the finale of TWF I went to a comedy club with Miss JH and then met up with KA and Babydoll in HB afterwards. We ended up at TUG (surprise, surprise). BTW, I think we're becoming regulars there. Well, KA and BD have been for awhile but I am a starting to become one. I'm not sure how I feel about that...it's like we're becoming "UG Girls" (*frowns in consternation*). After too many [free] cocktails and shots, we ended up talking to GLB (see post from Monday about last Friday night) and this other guy called T. T was perfect on paper. If he had a baseball card, his batting average and RBI stats would rival that of some really good baseball player. He was attractive, tall enough, and old enough. He had a great job, he was super nice, he was funny and smart and he smelled really good. Plus, he was originally from Wisconsin making him particularly prime dating material. After TUG closed we all went back to T's place to hang out. Not only was he great in all the aforementioned ways, but he had an awesome two-bedroom apartment within a few blocks of the bars that he lived in BY HIMSELF. Yep, that's right, the second room was not for someone to help share the cost of what must have been exorbitantly high rent, it was just an office for him. So we're talking about a REAL grown-up here. Aside from all this, he had two REALLY BIG plasma TV's. I'm not all that into technology but lately really big TV's are especially enthralling to me...I have a 13" TV in my room that I've had since I was 13, so maybe I am suffering from TV envy. Anyways, I digress. Let me get to the point. T was seemingly perfect and I had a good time hanging out with him. But when it when it was time to go, he didn't ask for my number.

My initial reaction was "WTF?" All that time hanging out and it ended with an, "I'm sure we'll see each other around?!?!" This was something new and foreign. Even though many guys play the dumb little game where they ask for your number and don't call, I found myself REALLY annoyed that T didn't even pretend to want to call me.

After some more thinking though I realized that maybe this is what happens when guys are older. Maybe this is the next part of the theory (see Thursday's post). Maybe older guys are not necessarily more nice but they are more honest. And I appreciate that on some level. I'm still a little annoyed that he didn't even pretend to want it (come on! It's common courtesy!), but I am really happy that now I don't have to wonder if I'll hear from him.

So sometimes guys say they'll call and then they don't. And sometimes they don't ask for your number because they don't plan on calling. The one constant is that their dating behavior is rarely predictable. And even though upper 20/early 30 guys may sometimes be "more honester," that doesn't mean that they aren't also "more stupider." Maybe those 11 year old girls playing double-dutch had it right.

P.S. I'm not sad about this. I am not bitter either. I had a great time Friday night and hanging out with T, and I find all of this "research" just fascinating. And remembering rhymes from 5th grade that still apply today is always fun. So no need to email or comment saying things to make me feel better. The rest of the weekend was GREAT and I'll post on that later today.


P.S.S. The "boys" refered to in this post do not include any guys allowed to read this blog. That is, Vitamin G, you're not included.

5 Comments:

Blogger vitamin g said...

that's right, i'm perfect in every way!

glad you had fun, and boys do get stupider. i find myself amazed when out public what breeder boys do. sometimes i wonder how you girls are attracted to them at all.

luckily for me my commuity sets very high and strict standards punishable by law. though it does come at the very high price of drama... get out the stage lights and curtains!

glad you had fun... i wanted to come, but had worked late and had to work the next day, yay fun! yes, that's right pity me! no i had a fun weekend too... i know, post about it in my own blog already! :)

3:12 PM  
Blogger vitamin g said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:13 PM  
Blogger Follow the Frog said...

yeah...hello....post Vitamin G...

10:15 PM  
Blogger Y. said...

G, I'm jealous. Sometime, I wish I were a gay man...

10:25 AM  
Blogger vitamin g said...

doesn't everyone?

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com