Wednesday, June 08, 2005

FOTW (Miss JH) and a New Office

Happy Wednesday! I am feeling like 95% better about PB. The one good thing about being older and having gone thru more cr*p is that you bounce back faster. Which is good. Now I'm all bounced back to a PB-Free lifestyle.

FRIEND OF THE WEEK for 6/6: Miss JH

It was tough picking just one this week, as all the friends have rallied in support of my PB obsession and the ensuing mini-"I'm-single-and-want-a-nice-fun-boyfriend-who- will-pamper-me" crisis. Notable amongst everyone is CH, KA, Babydoll, HB, Y, and my coworker (who does not read this blog) KL. BUT I HAVE to pick one so this week it is: Miss JH. Her "TWF" plan was inspirational and motivating. And beyond giving me the framework on how to get through my sad little heart-sprain, she also made plans with me! We're goign to a wine and cheese thing soon (two of the best things in the world together can't be bad) and we're maybe doing a comedy club soon. And I am pro-laughter so this should be good. So thanks Miss JH for the TWF plan and for the encouraging words.

OFFICE MOVE

Today I moved back into an office. This is my 6th move here. I'm really good at this transient lifestyle and was all done in about an hour. People keep saying things like, "How do you like the new space?" and "Wow...so you're in here now?" And all i can say is, "Yeah, I am." I think they expect me to show some enthusiasm in response to the new digs, but, really, I don't care.

Here's why: In 2.5 years, I've....

-moved 6 times
-worked in 2 different buildings
-had 4 different bosses
-4 different positions
-5 different product categories

So I am numb when it comes to change (at work). Just tell me what to do and where you want me to sit, and I'll get it done. It's not that I don't care though, it's just that I don't care that much. Maybe some of this ambivalence comes from the fact that this is all temporary.

There are some good things about my new work home though. I'm closer to the kitchen, bathroom and exit. It's more quiet. It's warm in the morning (because of all the sunshine). It's closer to L's desk where an endless supply of mini peanut butter cups exist, and it's very close to the WBF (but I don't really care about that). I think my plants will like it here.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I'm a bit of a word-geek. In addition to palindromes, I also really dig anagrams. TWF, rearranged is also WTF (as in what the f---?). Like PB - WTF? After TWF, you're so yesterday. Spooky, huh?

FOTW - woohoo - i will email you my victory dance!!

5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe I missed it, but what's TWF?

-ch

9:03 PM  
Blogger Follow the Frog said...

It's "Two Weeks of Fun". One of hte posts from earlier in the week mentioned it.

Miss JH: cool about the anagram (very Da Vinci code!). That's GREAT that TWF is WTF!!! Yeah, PB, WTF?

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com