Monday, June 06, 2005

Emergencies: Of the Intestine and the Heart

I spent Friday afternoon in the ER. It was interesting, in light of my career goals, and scary, because I felt like sh*t. But in the end, it was good that I went. I had acute gastroenteritis probably caused by the parasite. I got the pleasure of experiencing an IV, a CT-Scan and 24 ounces of gross apple-juice flavored iodine stuff that lights up my insides once my IV is filled with X-Ray contrast. Not a pleasant feeling.

But, the medicine is working and aside from a low-grade fever and being a little tired, today I'm almost back to normal. Physically, that is.

You may have noticed no updates on Barista G and WBF lately...that's because I'm not interested in either of them at all right now. And this is because of two things: 1) Life lately has made them less of a focus for me. With Cabo, car trouble ($1200 worth!) ,being sick last week, getting sicker on Friday, and all the HW for my intense class, I have been too busy for thoughts of them. 2) PB. This is the guy I met in Cabo. At the moment, I am obsessed with him. Which means no thoughts are left for petty musings on WBF and Barista G.

PB was the nicest guy I've ever met. Well maybe not the nicest guy I've ever met but he was the nicest a guy has ever been to me (without being boring). I met him in Cabo, but he happens to live 1 mile from my house. ONE MILE FROM MY HOUSE. He just got back yesterday from Cabo (he drove down with a friend), and I REALLY want and REALLY hope that he calls me. So now my mind is filled with anxious thoughts of "I wonder if he'll call." I hate those thoughts more than I hated having an IV inject painful X-Ray contrast fluid into me.

The annoying thing about all this is that now I find myself actually, genuinely liking a guy. I was supposed to be a "bachelor" though and this wasn't supposed to happen. So if I like him and he doesn't call me, then I'm going to be really annoyed that he got under my skin and forced me out of my "I don't want a boyfriend" phase.

If nothing comes of things with PB, I may try out internet dating again. I have mixed feelings on that as I really dislike internet dating. But now I sort of want a boyfriend, or just some guy to hang out with and have fun with...and where else do you find one these days other than on the internet? (sigh). Why do you men have to cause so much trouble?!?!

3 Comments:

Blogger vitamin g said...

glad to hear you're feeling better!

not so glad to hear about your heart troubles. if pb calls great, if not great too! maybe you can hang out w/ barista g more and even if nothing happens you'll have a guy to hang out with.

but my other suggestion — girl, (and that is pronounced gah-url) you need to get yourself a nice homo to hang out w/. we're funny, we'll tell you look super (or should i say thuper) cute and skinny in those jeans, you can talk to us for hours about boys and we'll never get tired of it (or at least we won't tell you we're tired of it). we always make sure you look cute (hey, we have reputations too, we can't be associating w/ just any old hag... that doesn't sound the way i meant it), we'll play the "other guy" to get guys jealous, we'll do the gay-over to make sure there's no chance he'll turn out to play for our team (though there isn't a guy that doesn't have the potential haha!j/k we dont' do that to our girls) we'll make sure he's good to you, god help the boy who hurts our girls, he'll never see the gucci shoes until they are walking away from him after we made sure he'll never procreate again. it's our way of paying you back for being the only people who would befreind us during those awkward middle school years.

so you'll get to hang out w/ a guy as much as you want w/ no pressure at all, plus we're cute and a hoot and a half!

kq and ka keep me occupied most the time (they are so much work, you have no idea how hard it is to be us) :P but if you need help picking out an outfit, just let me know! always glad to be of service.

p.s. as y already know, just tell everyone you have exotic acute gastroenteritis, it just makes it sound better!

11:20 PM  
Blogger Follow the Frog said...

Thanks Vitamin G. You're super sweet and I think you're right...this is exactly what I need. What a nice e-pep talk.

And I like the exotic GI infection thing...sounds much better.

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with vitamin g! (hey, that rhymed!) He is the absolute best. Although I hate to share him (dare I say I'm a fag hag hog?), I like you, ML, so I guess it's okay. Oh, and you too, KA. :) Hang in there!

I was thinking of joining match.com as well. Would we be competing against each other though? Hmm...

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com