Monday, May 23, 2005

The Date

First off, sorry this is so late. Work was crazy on Friday and then I broke one of my blogging rules by doing a post on Saturday morning (for the blog challenge). Then I ran out of time….

So here it is.

The date went well! We went to a great restaurant. Seriously—I kept wondering if we were in the LBC and hasn’t instead slipped into a much more chic part of the world. It’s right on the marina with 260-degree views of the water. It’s got lots of big windows and a very cool bar. It serves Asian Fusion food and sushi at the bar, and has a great martini list. The bar was packed when I got in! The whole place was filled with cool Asian type decorations…bamboo creations, walls of water, etc. I was thrilled this was his selection because I wouldn’t have picked something this nice (it was a little on the expensive side…). I got there very early because I didn’t want to have to walk in and look for him. And by early, I mean I was there a half hour before we were supposed to meet. It worked out okay though. I got a nice seat by the hostess and waited. I talked to Babydoll the entire time, actually, but that will be for the next post.

He came in and I could tell right away he was a little nervous. Which made me feel less so. We got our table and ordered our food. The General gave me some conversation ideas the night before, and they came into great use. We talked about lots of things and after the conversation got started it went smoothly. After dinner we went to the bar and got a drink. G is sort of locally famous…because of TDG so we kept running into regular customers and co-workers. It was kind of fun.

So during the night I found out the following about him: he’s smart, he’s driven, he’s well-read, he’s up on current events, he likes to travel and went to Cambodia last year, his family is accomplished, and…he’s 23!! He guessed my age right (26) and then said, “well…this is fashionable right now, right? With the Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore thing.” This was funny, sort of except for the fact that Demi Moore is like 15 years older than Ashton, as opposed to THREE YEARS. But, whatever.

We were at the bar until about 11pm or so. He has to open up the shop every day, which means he gets up at 4am. I was tired by then too, so we decided to leave. He walked me to my car and I could tell he wanted to kiss me. So I said, “ Are you going to kiss me?” (Disarming others in situations like this makes me feel better). So then he did kiss me. I’d like to say it was nice, but it kind of wasn’t. It was okay. Then he said he’d call me over the weekend and that he has a good time.
And so…that was the date. I had fun. I went and got coffee the next morning and he was nice/friendly. He called on Saturday and we talked for a minute (I was about to pick up a friend so couldn’t talk for long). I said I’d call him on Sunday but ran out of time. And in all the time that has passed between Thursday and now…I am not sure I’m interested in going out with him again. He’s SO nice but I think I have a problem with his age…but that’s sort of strange because WBF is 23 also…oh well. I did enjoy hanging out with him so I feel like I should give him another shot. I guess we’ll see….

All of this reminds me of bringing up a very crucial point. This Blog has to remain BOY FREE. I don’t mean guys cannot read it, but rather than guys I date can NEVER read it. They can never know about the frog…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com