Friday, May 13, 2005

Operation Barista: Success

It was with great trepidation that I drove up to TDG this morning. Today was the day I was going to face my barista after giving him the note (read Wednesday's post for more info). What if my barista wasn't there? What if he thought my note was stupid? What if I have to start getting my AM coffee fix elsewhere?? I drove to the same hidden side I had given him the note on and was disappointed when a girl came to the window for my order. I tried to look beyond her but all I saw was another girl. There were no signs of him anywhere. I was sad, but also a little relieved. I went about getting my money ready and as I turned back to wait for my drink, my barista walked by! Maybe he had been in the backroom before. He leaned out the window a little and asked how I was doing. I said fine and he asked about where I was off to and then where I worked. Then he introduced himself and shook my hand (due to my blog privacy policy I will refer to him as G). Then he said, "I liked the note you gave me." I said something about how I was glad he liked it because I felt like a 5 year old giving it. He laughed and said the only problem was there was no way for him to get in contact with me.

This was part of the plan! I wanted him to ask me for my number! The note was to let him know I was interested without making things too easy for him, that way if he wanted to get in contact with me, he'd have to ask. And then that gives him some sense of control in this whole thing. See JH? I learned a little from "The Rules"!

So he handed me a post it and pen and said, "well, if you want to put your number on here..." So I wrote my name (in case he gets lots of these), my number and a little message about how it was nice meeting him. Then he gave me my drink, we exchanged "have a nice day", and I drove off.

The great thing about doing a scary thing, is that even if it doesn't turn into anything, you at least are left with the fact that you did something you were scared of. And that experience makes you grow as a person. But, it's too early to be talking all Yoda about Life. Stop, I will.

YAY! Operation Barista was a success!!! What a fantastic way to start the weekend.

Now I get to experience that wonderful thing single women everywhere do--wait for him to call while pretending not to care when he doesn't.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of my fav quotes fits your blog of the day theme..."Do one thing everyday that scares you."
Eleanor Roosevelt

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah the rules...women are precious treasures, men should have to work (hard) to reap the rewards ;)

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! I love reading your blogs, it's like a real life soap opera! With a happy ending and no frustrating cliffhangers. :) Crossing my fingers that he'll call! -KQ

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com