Thursday, May 05, 2005

Ho or Hoe?

Here is a footnote from the proceedings of an appeal in the the United States District Court for the Southern District of Illinois:

The trial transcript quotes Ms. Hayden as saying Murphy called her a snitch bitch "hoe." A "hoe," of course, is a tool used for weeding and gardening. We think the court reporter, unfamiliar with rap music (perhaps thankfully so), misunderstood Hayden's response. We have taken the liberty of changing "hoe" to "ho," a staple of rap music vernacular as, for example, when Ludacris raps "You doin' ho activities with ho tendencies."

LOL

Other news...

Last night I decided to prepare my "I think you're cute" note for the barista at TDG. I got out pink stationary and a black sharpie, I thought long and hard about what I wanted to communicate and what might be the best way to say it. I settled on, "I think you're cute!"

I wanted to seal the note shut so that if I hand it to him via another barista, they cannot open it and read my top secret message. All I had were leftover Valentine's day Care Bear stickers (BTW I didn't BUY these, I am not that much of a child. My mom is a preschool teacher and she gave me them). I chose the pink bear with a rainbow on her belly saying "Hi Cutie." I figured that was a perfect sealing mechanism, despite the fact that it adds a hint of childishness. Of course, I am passing him a note, so I'm not exactly acting adult-like.

Despite feeling really bad today (horrible sore throat) I did my hair extra purty and pulled up to the window only to remember that it is THURSDAY and he doesn't work on Thursdays. But I wasn't too sad because it was my free frequent-buyer coffee day--Yippee!--and there was another cute surfer-looking barista who said I looked like Liv Tyler. He also made my coffee perfectly. And because of the too-generous compliment and perfect drink I thought about giving him the note. It is generic after all...I decided against it though as we have not been building a customer-barista relationship for quite as long as me and the other guy. I do need SOME standards when it comes to flirting with strange guys.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha

I LOVE that you were thinking about giving him the note! Crushes are great... I haven't had one in forever... Not with anyone sane anyway...

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com