Monday, April 25, 2005

Unexpected WBF Evening

My weekend started out pretty ordinary...Friday night was my dad's birthday dinner, did some spring cleaning on Saturday, and then went to a fund-raising action Saturday evening. After the auction, I planned to meet up with two of my girlfriends (Babydoll and KA) who live close to where the auction was. It had been a long time since the three of us got together and we were overdue for a night out.

We started out at a MB martini bar and then worked our way through several other places--a dive bar, a bar with dancing and then a trendy over-crowded place. It was lots of fun, especially after Babydoll and I decided we needed to step things up a bit and did so by taking a shot of Raspberry Vodka. I think it was Smirnoff. Ick. It worked though! The night got more random, fun and crazy after that. One of the highlights involved sneaking into the boys bathroom (with boys in it) because the girls line was too long. It was not one of my classier moments, but it was definitely funny/fun.

Later in the night, we ended up in HB. We walked in to PMs and guess who was standing there?? MY WBF. I couldn't believe it. I know he lives nearby, but I never expect to see him out in HB because he usually hangs out in the Valley or on Sunset. We ended up hanging out with him and his posse for the rest of the night. It was fun! We danced a little, laughed lots and then had some pizza. The whole night added new elements of flirty-ness to our relationship. Serious elements of flirting, actually. We even had a conversation about "us," but it didn't get very far and was more of a non-verbal, gesturing sort of communication that began with "so have you ever dated anyone you work with?" (or something like that). We were all going to go back to his place after the pizza but Babydoll and I decided against it because we were tired and annoyed (at his brother for spilling pizza on us). It was probably for the best though because not going left him wanting more. Or so I like to think.

There's a whole other element to the story involving a dumb little (girl) friend of his who was really trying to "get" my WBF. She was being competitive and took a few low blows at me. I am hoping that's because she was feeling threatened. Whatever. I could take her.

Earlier in the night I asked Babydoll if she thought we'd meet boys that night. Without even skipping a beat, she said in her smuggest princess voice "of course." I guess she ended up being right!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com