Thursday, April 07, 2005

My Boredom is making me Shallow

I have nothing exciting to share. My life is pleasantly normal at the moment. I still harbor trace amounts of anxiety about school, work, pre-reqs (balancing all of them in time), and traveling finances, but that's pretty standard for me.

My brother's traveling in Europe right now...I am jealous.


I have a cute outfit on today. I don't mean to sound shallow, but I like it and I think it's good for the season. (I can't believe I am saying this...see what a calm pace of life does to me?!?!)

Oh yeah, I learned how to make a good Mojito the other day. Apparently it's a recipe passed down through an acquaintance's Cuban grandmother. It's how they do it in Havana he says. It's important for me to know this.

What else....I finally finished the Da Vinci code. I can see why everyone liked it but I did not. Maybe it is because all the hype.

My boss gave me my raise for this coming year...it's pretty good considering all the parameters, but factors down to practically nothing on an after-tax, per pay-check level. At least I didn't get the "one day you're going to have to decide about becoming a mommy or career woman" speech. I hate that. I was worried though because he coerced me into going to lunch with him (that's not sarcastic, I actually did not want to go. Not because of the company but because I am desperately trying to lose 10 pounds before Cabo), and that speech usually happens over lunch.

I hope I have something more exciting to write about soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com