Friday, March 18, 2005

Pina Coladas, Golden Globe Moments and Landon-Lovin

well, I'm finally back to normal life after a crazy, whirlwind week. Not only was it busy with all the traveling and work, and stressful being outside of my normal life routine (in terms of sleep, exercise, diet, etc.) there was also a lot of family drama that has really been weighing me down. I don't want to go into it because it just makes me sad, but in some ways it was really good to be away this week. I got to spend a lot of time either alone or with people who knew very little about me on a personal level which made it easy to forget about everything.

My favorite moment this week: Sitting by the pool reading and drinking a pina colada. It wasn't sunny, so it wasn't a perfect moment, but it was pretty damn close. GOD I LOVE pina coladas. I want to recreate this moment again. That will be the goal of Summer 2005--to have as much time in the sun by some water with a pina colada in hand.

Other notable things:

1) I got to have a "Golden Globe" moment. We won an award and I got to go up to the stage with my 2 co-workers to accept it. The show was being filmed and we were given the award by all the big execs, so there was even the whole cheek-kissing, hand-shaking moment when we got to the stage. The guys wanted me to hold the award and I was so afraid I would drop it! I warned them...I was the only one in heels and I didn't think it was a good idea to put me in charge of walking that long way in front of hundreds of people, going down stairs with something like that! But I managed to not fall and people kept saying I looked nice all night (even my co-workers treated me more like a girl!) so it felt good to look good with an award in hand. I'll probably never get to do that again.

2) It was also fun ordering so much expensive wine after the show. It gave me a lot of clout at the bar and bartenders paid more attention to me because of it. There was even a little argument because during last call I got the last order and all these people were upset because they didn't get their final drink. I guess that's what happens when you're dropping several hundred dollars per bottle of wine and you've gone through a case of them! It was so fun doing this with someone else's money.

3) I think I want a boyfriend, sort of. This is the first time in awhile I've felt that way...BUT I want a GOOD relationship, one that doesn't cause me unnecessary anxiety. This is hard because I worry about so much all the time. So I don't think this is going to happen any time soon. I am too busy anyway and since I don't want to bother with the wrong guys the chances of me finding the right one right now are slim to none. Which is fine. I would rather be happy and single than unhappy in a relationship. Thanks to Mike on that one!

All this came up in a really funny way though...I had a dream I was dating Landon from the Real World Philadelphia, and that he was a great boyfriend! I woke up sad because he wasn't really dating me. Thanks MTV!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com