Friday, March 11, 2005

Thank You, Herbie

It has been a CRAZY day. I am excited about going to SF tonight, but I get home late-ish Sunday night, only to pack again and leave at the butt-crack of dawn for a 4 day business trip. PLUS, I have homework due next week, so last night and this morning I ran around like crazy packing and making lists of things I need to remember for next week. There are post-it notes everywhere!

Good Stuff about Today (so far): I ran this morning! First time since marathon. Only 2 miles 'cause I was in a hurry. It was supposed to be a slow, easy run but I was so stressed and running so late it ended up being quite fast. But the competitive runner in me was thrilled with that.

Annoying Stuff about Today (so far): Because Herbie, my Latin Fling during my recent Puerto Rican adventure, decided to KEEP MY DRIVERS LICENSE, I got the privelege of spending part of this hectic morning at the DMV. Let's pause now here for a moment of silence to honor the wonderful establishment that is the Department of Motor Vehicles.


(pause)


Okay, enough sarcasm. I hate that place. And even though Herbie rocked my world for about 8 hours with his salsa and merengue (God, I'm easy!) I am mad that he kept my ID. In his defense, he did call me to say he had it, but not until AFTER I left Puerto Rico. He said he'd send it to me but ingnored my text message and phone message giving him my address and asking if he'd please send it soon. Since it's two weeks Post-PR, I assumed the ID is not coming back. Maybe he is keeping it as a souvenir. Maybe he collects IDs from all his women. Maybe it's like his version of a little black book.


Silver Lining: I may not have an ID right now, but at least my name is not Herbie.

EXCITING Stuff about Today (so far): I had a long discussion with HB at lunch about Cuba. I am leaning towards going. More on this later.

Unfortunately, I have no news to report about on the job front.

These posts always become SO long....Thank you to anyone who is still reading this!




4 Comments:

Blogger Y. said...

I need to thank Herbie too! His herbie-jack of your license prompted me to look for my own before hopping on a flight last Friday...good thing since it wasn't in my wallet as expected. So, thanks Herbie!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Y. said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Y. said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:07 AM  
Blogger Y. said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com