Monday, March 21, 2005

Boys are Very Odd

I am tired today and don't have the energy to try and be funny or witty. This was a crazy weekend...not enough time to do anything. I did manage to get 7 loads of laundry done on Sunday though (don't worry...I'm not so untidy that I had 7 loads of dirty clothes just lying around...I did all the delicates I hold onto until there's enough for a full load, and also washed the throw rugs, the slip covers, the duvet cover, as well as two trips worth of clothing). Enough about laundry though!

Friday night I went out in HB with some friends. It was fun! I met a guy, CC, who seemed cool and very into me and he had all the right stats (height, age, job, place of birth--not So Cal). The attention was nice. He called about 6 times over the course of 24 hours and kept trying to set a date up with me. I told him the only time I had was Sunday evening (and I didn't even have that time to give up...I just gave in because he was so eager to get together right away and kept pestering me about how homework and catching up on life didn't matter). On Saturday afternoon, when we discussed going out on Sunday night, he said he'd call me Sunday morning (he had to dinf out about potential concert plans with friends where a ticket was pending). But then, a few hours later, he called again and left a message about how we needed to figure out when we were going to get together, with no mention of the original plan about trying for Sunday night. I didn't call back because I was exhausted, so I called back Sunday morning around 10am. My message was friendly and relaxed, something to the effect of "let me know if tonight works for you." And then....NOTHING. Nothing all day, nothing since Saturday night.

I just don't get it. He was the one who was SO into getting together right away and then when we finally pick a time, he forgets and/or loses interest?

I am not that sad about not going out with him...It was the flattery that got to me more than him. But this whole "we must date" paired with no communication is just stupid. I don't have the time or the energy for it. It just makes me mad that I was willing to put aside homework and responsibility for this silly, silly boy. In a rage of passive aggression, I deleted his number from my cell phone. That showed him!

Today is a very busy day at work and then our book club meeting is tonight. We read The Dogs of Babel. Interesting and good book. Not my favorite, but good. I am looking forward to tonight...I love book club nights. We've been a club for so long now and have a great system in place--good food, good wine, good conversations, etc. It makes me feel very intellectual too. ; )


Good news: I did some speed work at the track yesterday. I run much faster when I am not aware of my speed. I did 2 miles under 9 minutes (each, not total) without realizing it. This morning, I swam for 45 minutes. I'm gonna get so in shape! I can't wait.

Funny Story: I called my mom yesterday evening. She picked up the phone sobbing. I could tell in her voice sometime was very wrong with just her "hello." My grandma is pretty sick right now and my brother's been dealing with some big issues so it's been a stressful family time lately. So of course, when I hear her sobbing this much I think it's something bad. Real bad. With hust her "hello" I nearly had a heart-attack and had to pull over on the side of the road thinking of the bad things that could make my mother cry so much. When I was finally able to get out of her what happened, through her sobbing she says, "Have you seen Jersey Girl? Did you know the mother dies in the beginning??" I couldn't believe it. When I was finally able to start breathing and driving again, there was a lot of frustrated yelling about how she shouldn't answer the phone during times like this when she's crying that much because of a stupid movie. She felt bad and apologized a lot, and it's funny now but seriously, I couldn't breathe for a few seconds.

1 Comments:

Blogger Y. said...

Pffft. Boys are stupid.

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com