Tuesday, March 22, 2005

The Research Continues...

I have updates in the CC Saga!

He called last night at around 9pm. Based on previous conclusions about my interest in CC, I didn't pick up. But of course as soon as the message came in I promptly retrieved it. Here is a paraphrase of his message:

"Hi ML, it's CC. I was just going to rent a movie and thought maybe if you weren't doing anything you'd like to join me. Give me a call when you get this. I'm sure I told you this already, but I leave tomorrow on a two and a half week trip to Australia and New Zealand. So if we don't get a chance to talk tonight, I'll call you when I get back. Don't forget me!"

Here are a couple of key observations to note: 1) NO mention of the message I left for him Sunday. 2) NO mention of the fact that we had a tentative date planned on Sunday night, which he seemed to forget about. 3) He was calling me on a work-night (I know, I'm lame) at 9pm to go watch a movie. I am a busy person who barely knows him...like I'm going to drop what I'm doing to drive a half hour away to watch a movie with him. On a Monday night no less. 4) He had not ever mentioned the fact that he was going away for 2.5 weeks. I would have remembered that because I've been to OZ several times and my brother lived there. Had he told me he was going there, I am certain we would have had a conversation about it. 5) When we originally planned Sunday night, and discussed that it might not work out, we talked about going out later in the week. This would have been a perfect time for him to mention that he was not going to be in town. For a long time.

I did not call him back, and I do plan on forgetting him.

If nothing else, I guess CC is really just a small part of my on-going research to understand the male gender. At this point, the results of my 26-year-long experiment are still inconclusive. I'll keep you posted.

For now, I am still the amoeba.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com