Tuesday, April 12, 2005

My Little Work Crush

I have a cute little story about my cute little crush. He's not actually little but he's young which puts him under policy (the "policy" is still in effect even though I am practically an asexual type bachelor). Let's call him WBF (work boyfriend).

Yesterday WBF came up to say hello to me. We often run into each other in the halls and always stop for a good few minutes to chat, but yesterday he actually sought me out to say hello! The conversation proceeded as usual. I get a little nervous around him because I think he's so cool, so I find myself getting a little more, um, girly. Kind of giggly, blushing, nervous and smiley. I'm sure it's all quite obvious. Anyways, he asks me about how things are going and he knows quite a lot about what I do outside of work so he was going down the list...how's running, how's this, how's that, then he say's "how's school?" Now, we're talking in sort of a high traffic area near a co-worker who I don't share much personal info with. "School" is supposed to be a secret at work, but WBF knows all about my future plans. He also knows that it's supposed to be kept on the DL. So when he brought it up at my desk in a loud voice, I get all panicked and silent and manage to whisper, "We're not supposed to talk about it." He gets quiet and seems kind of confused and says, also in a whisper, "I thought people knew you were taking classes." There was probably a minute of awkwardness in which he apologized several times, and during which I realize that if anyone questions it I can just explain that I am taking an online class for fun. I told him not to worry and that probably no one heard. He apologizes again; the conversation moves on. I slip back into my 12-year-old-school-girl act and the conversation wraps up. After he leaves, I forward him some sound clips that he heard at my desk and asked for copies of. He responded: "wow. this is so cool. thanks for once again broadening my horizons." At this point, I am pleased and twitterpatted because I love "broadening him" (this is something he often says about me), and I completely forget the whole school incident.

Today, after lunch I come in to an email from him saying: "Hey, I'm sorry if I blew your cover yesterday. I totally wasn't thinking." Isn't he cute?? I think it's so sweet that he was worried enough about it 24 hours later to apologize again. So I wrote back that it wasn't a big deal, thanks for apologizing blah blah blah, to which he responded: "well, you can punch me in the face if you want." LOL. He's so funny! I'm going to keep that email in case we ever date one day and he really pisses me off.

YAY for fun work crushes! Maybe I'll go walk by his desk now. I have an excuse to head that way...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com