Thursday, April 28, 2005

The "Virgo-est" Virgo

Last night I stumbled across one of those tiny gimmicky gift books sold at the checkout stands of book stores. This particular book is devoted to describing my sign, Virgo, and tells all about how Virgos deal with family, career, health, romance and other signs. I don't typically put a lot of belief into zodiac-related things, but sometimes there seems to be some truth to how these books characterize people. I find it hard to believe that all people born within August 24th and September 23rd exhibit all these traits, but many of them are oddly accurate for me. As with any zodiac literature, there's a lot of nice fluff about how I'm a wonderful person and give back to the world, blah, blah, blah. But what's fun about sharing that? So here are a few of the more interesting and surprisingly accurate definitions of what it is like being a Virgo (in my experience).

Virgos are:
"...tireless in analyzing anything and everything"
"...harder on [themselves] than [they are] on others"
"...sometimes anxious"
"...capable of literally worry themselves into illness"
"...can sometimes suffer from lack of rest"

Anyone who knows me even a little can see that this is exactly me. When it's spelled all out like this though, I don't sound like such a fun person. But of course, according to "The Little Birth Sign Book: Virgo" I am a little fun too...

Sincerely,
The Virgoest Virgo of them All

P.S. Anyone interested in some good Cuban Rap? Check out Orishas. Anyone intersted in odd, ambient music from Iceland? Check out Mum.


P.S.S. I was only five minutes late to work today. The on-time/late delta is shrinking!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is SO you!

12:56 PM  
Blogger Follow the Frog said...

I know...it sort of makes me sad

1:36 PM  
Blogger Follow the Frog said...

I know...it sort of makes me sad

1:36 PM  
Blogger Y. said...

Oh you Virgo you. =)

Here are mine (Gemini):

Adaptable and versatile
Communicative and witty
Intellectual and eloquent
Youthful and lively
Nervous and tense
Superficial and inconsistent
Cunning and inquisitive

This is fun!

4:26 PM  
Blogger Y. said...

Haha, this is my favorite line on Geminis. I just had to share:

"They are affectionate, courteous, kind, generous, and thoughtful towards the poor and suffering - provided none of the activities resulting from expressing these traits interferes too greatly with their own lives and comforts."

4:28 PM  
Blogger Follow the Frog said...

Y: NO FAIR! You included the GOOD things about your sign. I was focusing on the truthful, but not so good things...

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com