Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Friend of the Week (5/20): BABYDOLL

I am awarding the first "Friend of the Week" Post to my Babydoll (BD). Here is why.

On Thursday night, I got to the restaurant where I was meeting G (for our date) about a half hour early. This was intentional...it made me feel more calm to be the one sitting there waiting. But I hadn't planned on being there THAT early. So I called BD. She kept me company the entire time I waited. More importantly though, while I sat waiting, she helped me figure out how to complete my last WBF challenge for that week--to ask him to join us out on Friday night. Her guidance went as far as generating a script for my conversation with him. We practiced it on the phone and then she promised to call later with the dialogue as well as email me the script for use on Friday morning. It was all very funny because when I read back my lines, I sounded so unnatural and odd. To use a Sex and the City reference, it was like when Miranda called Steve to ask him on a date. I couldn't have sounded more scripted.

As promised though, BD called during my date and left a hilarious message where she read through the dialogue she was proposing, and she even filled in how she thought WBF would respond. I retrieved the message while on a bathroom break and was literally laughing out loud.

The next morning, I got her all important email message. This was the only written version of "the script" and I needed it for guidance. Here is the exact email BD sent. (by the way, my nickname is also Babydoll. So the BD lines below are for me)

---------------------------------------
Subject: V.I.D (Very Important Dialogue)

(Read the following using scripted voice)

Friday, mid-morning....

BD: Hey [WBF], I just made plans with the girls to go out to Hermosa tonight. Are you guys gonna be out?

WBF: Totally!

BD: Cool, then we should meet up. We'll be at The Shack most likely. I'll give you a call when we get to HB, probably around 9 or 10pm.

WBF: That totally rocks. Then we can finally make out!

Later that night...

Then casually call around 9 or 10pm (right after SRVS) and say the following V.I.D:

BD: Hey [WBF], the Shack is totally rockin right now. You guys should get here before the line gets any longer.

WBF: Oh, cool. We are getting ready to leave in a few minutes. I'll see you soon.

BD: Alright hot stuff...I'll be waiting!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So that is the VID I used on WBF. Well, the first part anyway. I ended up calling him instead of talking to him in person. I had the VID up on the screen and used it as framework. He sounded interested and I said I'd call him later that night. So per the above schedule, I called at around 10pm. He didn't answer and so I left a message. The message didn't exactly follow the suggested dialogue. It was more like "Hi, it's M. We're at X, we're going to Y and Z. See you soon,"

THEN....nothing. He never called, he never texted, he never showed up (although we never went to the bars I said we'd be at).

I was out yesterday but still have heard nothing from him about what happened. The last time something like this happened, I had an email waiting for me Monday morning explaining why he didn't show. I was out yesterday but still...now it's Tuesday and no word. And it is therefore that I now decree this is the END of the WBF Era. It is over. I am tired of these little games and I'm tired of him. At least I completed all my challenges from last week though. The General will be pleased.

And so BD is my "Friend of the Week." Thanks BD!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel honored to receive the first ever award for FOTW!! Anything for my BD! It was fun preparing the VID...and easy because it wasn't for me!

bd

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com