Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Sushi Obsessions, Match Repeats and Old Friends

Today I ate lunch with my best friend here at work, CS (not to be confused with Babydoll, who's initials are also CS). We had sushi! I just can't get enough sushi lately! Seriously, I am eating it like four times a week now. While at lunch Barista G called. I didn't answer because...well...I was at lunch with CS and I don't like Barista G all that much. I planned to call him last night to sort of end whatever it is we've got going on (you know, be honest with him and let him know why I don't call anymore...do the honorable thing), but I got busy with my homework. And by that I mean I got busy hanging out at this fantastic coffee shop where hot men go in droves. I will call him tonight.

In the last few days I've received emails or winks from three different Match.com guys who either emailed, chatted, or actually went out on a date with me one year ago. They are the same guys, with the same Match names but exactly ONE year later. The funny thing is they don't know who I am. My match alias, my profile and my hair color has changed. Part of me is slightly amused by this--oh the irony! one year later and being contacted by the same people--but part of me feels sort of sad for them and for all the lonely people in this big wide world...including myself (sigh). But, I feel more amused than sad, so it's okay.

Tonight, as part of TWF I am celebrating Taco Tuesday with my oldest friend. "Old" not because of her age (she's my age...and we're not old dammit!) but old because we became friends in 4th grade. In many respects she was my first best friend. At least she was my first in the US (prior to that I had only gone to school in Taipei). JR and I remained close through high school and have stayed in touch loosely since. A couple of years ago, we got involved in each other's lives more for a period of about a year, but then we sort of separated again until now. The last time we hung out was May 2004 right before the stupid Ex and I broke up. We've much to catch up on--so much has changed for both of us.

Other news...
Someone who I don't know has a link to my blog (under "personal favorites") on their blog! You can visit it at:
http://therightsideup.blogspot.com Very exciting.

5 Comments:

Blogger Y. said...

More sushi Em? =)

6:14 PM  
Blogger Follow the Frog said...

yep. love it!

8:11 PM  
Blogger vitamin g said...

i be a bit scared, they also list one of their favs as the southern conservatist... :) they won't be listing my blog as one of their favs haha! i make myslef laugh, i'm so funny. that's so cool though, look at you w/ your blog fans doing your blog thing, gettin bloggy with it, no i didn't, yes, i did i said bloggy w/ it.

how did you know that they linked to you?

9:15 AM  
Blogger Follow the Frog said...

go here: http://www.google.com/help/features.html#link

and follow the instructions. It's cool! But it doesn't list everyone because it didn't pull up any of the people in our inner blog circle who link to me...

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was reading the blog that linked yours - they mentioned "I liked mother's day" and then about how they're going to get a vasectomy. Who is this person? I can't even figure out what gender they are...

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com