Friday, June 10, 2005

TWF Exhaustion

So TWF is wearing me down...it's fun, so I'm not complaining, but I'm getting tired. I haven't had more than 6 hours of sleep one night this week and I have had no time to workout (well, I probably could have found the time but I've been so tired....and I was sick last week!). I think the problem is that I've got something every night, and THEN I have to come home and do homework for my crazy busy online class. Last night I went to a mixer dinner (I'll get to the details in a bit) and didn't get home until Midnight. I was supposed to do 3 online quizzes, a discussion exercise and a 75 question exam, as they are due today but I just didn't have the energy. Which has put me in a bit of a conundrum....the lesson is due at midnight tonight and since I have fun plans after work, I have to decide between either a) turning it in late and get partial credit or b) completing it during work. What to do, what to do.

To make matters worse, because I am so tired, morning coffee is especially important right now. But my whole morning pattern is off as I am cutting back on my TDG visits (due to Barista G, who "looks forward to 8:45 each morning"). And because I have to find other sources of yummy AM coffee, I am getting to work 10-15 minutes later than my normal 5-10 minutes late!

It's all in the name of fun. Really, I'm not complaining, just whining a little because of the fatigue-induced delirium.

So, the mixer dinner. This was the second dinner I went to (see my post on May 12th for details) and my first time hosting. It was fun! We went to one of my favorite restaurants--Pancho's in MB. I recruited KA to join and my brother came as a last minute male filler. Everyone was nice and easy to talk to, although the last dinner had more date-able guys (in my opinion). Afterwards we went to Harry'Os for a drink. And before I knew it, it was 11pm! And I still had to get out of there, drop off my brother, and get home to the LBC!

Something interesting though...one of the guys at the dinner just happened to be one of the guys who recently emailed me on Match.com. I knew before going to dinner last night that he was the same guy, but he didn't know it was me yet (because he didn't know what I looked like and my match.com alias is not my name). I decided not to say anything and wondered if he would figure it out. This morning I got this email from him:

"So I was at dinner last nite, trying to figure out where I have seen you before. I was going to ask "hey have we met before?" but I figured a pretty girl like you hears that line a lot.....However when I got home, I realized that I had just written to you on match.com the nite before. Did you know that last nite? Anyway, embarrassment aside, it was nice meeting you. Thanks for organizing last nite - it was fun and everyone was nice. And since we are almost neighbours, we should grab coffee or a bite sometime - I could really use some local friends. Have a good weekend. Any fun plans?"

He's nice and cute-ish (but not normally my type). So we'll see...

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well that was really nice of match.com guy to email you! Doesn't hurt to maybe go out for coffee with him. :)

12:03 PM  
Blogger Y. said...

Ditto. Especially since he doesn't work at TDG and can't throw off your morning schedule! =)

12:12 PM  
Blogger Follow the Frog said...

yes, the all important morning schedule is key.

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

exactly. he isn't part of your routine, so even if things don't work out, you won't have to worry about awkward moments during the day.

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have guys falling over themselves for you.

Jealous I am.

ch

2:59 PM  
Blogger Follow the Frog said...

what are you talking about? I have two guys who are mildly interested. And the one guy who I am interested in, god knows why, is covered in tattoos, smokes like a chimney, pops Xanax like it's going out of style, has no real steady job, and slurs b/c of all the beer. I am an unlucky woman (sigh).

3:58 PM  
Blogger Y. said...

You should buy something. It'll make you feel better.

6:17 PM  
Blogger vitamin g said...

i agree w/ y, as spending money always makes me feel better, then worse and better again when i wear or use my new purchase.

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bet you don't know who this is?? Anyone is crazy not to want you!!

10:21 PM  
Blogger Follow the Frog said...

who is TLC????? I don't recognize that acronym...is this Y's roommate?

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com