Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Together the Gasoline

Happy First day of Summer and Happy Silk Week (fashion theme)!

SOTW
I don't have an official "Song of the Week" like Vitamin G, but were I to suggest one for this week, it would be "Gasolina" by Daddy Yankee. Warning: This song is ANNOYING! But when you hear it over and over again while drinking too much in Cabo clubs, it starts to grow on you. I like it now SO MUCH, that instead of buying the MP3 on iTunes, I actually bought a full real-life CD for the first time in ages (but that's more about iTunes not offering Gasolina then about my love for Daddy Yankee).

My love for this song led me on a quest to understand it's meaning (I took French in high school and the song is all in Spanish). The chorus repeatedly says, "Junta La Gasolina." According to AltaVista's translation tool, Babelfish, this means "Together the Gasoline." So, I'm not sure what this song is about, but whatever it is, it's gotta be super important, super poetic, and full of allegorical meaning and deep symbolism.

Toe Emergencies
On Friday night at TUG, someone somehow somewhere smashed my right big toe nail. And when I say "smashed" I mean this person broke off the entire top left corner. A big chunk of nail is now barely hanging on. The interesting thing is that I vaguely remember an incident that may have caused this...I think at some point I said "ow" but thanks to raspberry stoli, I didn't really notice the gaping wound until much later in the night. I looked down to gaze lovingly upon my favorite wedge espadrilles and saw that my toe was covered in caked-blood. Luckily it didn't hurt until the next day (also, thanks to raspberry stoli). But for the rest of that night the three year old in me (the part that thinks blood = pain and therefore leads to permissible whining) complained profusely. Maybe that's why T didn't ask for my number.... ; )

So now I can't wear shoes. Which means I can't workout. Which means no running! And to be honest, I'm thrilled about that. Now I haven't had to run since Cabo due to parasites and toe wounds. While these issues have not been pleasant they are allowing me to stay in a happy place of indecision (RE: next marathon).

A Season of Fun
Last night, as a big finale to my official TWF ("two weeks of fun" plan), I went to a wine and cheese tasting thing at a cute little chic Beverly Hills hotel, Maison 140. They were featuring wines from the Columbia Valley in Washington and had a great assortment of mainly European cheeses from the Beverly Hills Cheese Store. My favorite was a triple cream Spanish cheese and the Pinot Gris. Good stuff! And now that TWF is over, I can catch up on sleep, attempt to dismantle Mount Clothes-Pile upon my bedroom arm-chair and wash the dishes in the sink. I'm sure the General will appreciate TWF being over.

Despite TWF being over, there is still much fun ahead! As Babydoll pointed out in an email earlier today, we have: TPH happy hour(s) tomorrow night, TUG on Friday night, a Tattoo expo on Saturday (we're getting Tattoos...did I already post about that?), and then a White Party on Saturday night. YAY for summer fun!!!


Blog Stats
I now have a new reporting analysis tool attached to my blog. Just so I can see how effective ploys like posting on Cartoon Sheep are at getting new and foreign readers. Here are some of the more interesting findings. Last Thursday, I had 94 viewings and 48 unique visitors (that was my first day with the tool so everyone was a new visitor). These numbers slowly declined until yesterday, where a new all-time high of 138 viewings happened. However, the 138 page-views only brought in 15 new visitors. On Thursday I wrote about my age-swapping dating theory and on Monday I wrote about stupid boy behavior. It will be interesting to watch what topics pull in new people.

(cartoon sheep, cartoon sheep, cartoon sheep).

8 Comments:

Blogger Y. said...

Just reading this post has caused that song to be stuck in my head. Gee, thanks. (I miss Cabo...)

I'm sorry to hear about the toe. All will be okay Babydoll.

11:57 AM  
Blogger ka said...

your poor toes have been through a lot....For the white party you can wrap it in gauze---at least you'll match. oh, and you could always work-out in flip flops (exposed toes around heavy weights....what could happen?)

1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For Reals?

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There must be something out there attacking my friends' toes - I've heard of two toe casualties in as many days. Y and Giggles, watch out!

And what are you getting for your tattoo? And where? I'm jealous...

ch

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and how do you get the blog reporting tool? Is that only on Blogger?

ch

2:46 PM  
Blogger vitamin g said...

yes, i want this blog reporting tool as well!

and no, you did not post about tattoos... i'm waiting.

5:30 PM  
Blogger kq said...

ooh, ouch about the toe! I'll actually see you for the 2nd time at PH tomorrow. It'll be weird, now that we've become blogging friends I wonder how awkward it will be face to face...

6:07 PM  
Blogger Follow the Frog said...

yeah...for the first five minutes we can only talk about things we've read/written on here. And only refer to eachother in initials. It will ease us into real-life friendship.

For all those interested in free stats, click on the banner of my frog home page and very very bottom.

RE: tattoo...details (and hopefully an image) will be up tomorrow.

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com