Friday, June 24, 2005

In These Shoes? I don't think so...

Before I get into the "deets" on the second Match.com date...I wanted to share some interesting findings. I took one of those email forward horoscope things this morning. You know, the kind where you write down numbers 1-11 on a blank sheet and fill in various things. You can't look ahead though and at the end it tells you what each item actually represents in your life and future. Well...here's a quick summary of some of my "horoscope."

1) WBF is the true love of my life and the song that represents our love is "Time is Running Out" by Muse. Hmm...
2) Cabo Boy (PB) is the person I like but the relationship cannot work. The song that represents this relationships is "Don't Phunk with My Heart" by the Black Eyed Peas. This is surprisingly spot-on. Another "Hmm" is warranted.
3) The song that the tells me most about my mind is "In these Shoes?" By Kristi MacColl. Now this is particularly funny because this song is about a girl wearing fabulous shoes whilst living in Cuba. She is British and she is being wooed by all the Latino men, each of which want to take her away to some romantic spot to seduce her. Her response to each of them in turn is, "In these shoes? I don't think so."

According to this horoscope quiz email, shoes (and putting them above wildly romantic nights with hot Cuban men) are what my mind is all about. Maybe I really AM superficial...These things are always accurate, right?

THE SECOND DATE...
...also went well. He was cute and nice and easy to talk to (BTW, "he" is B). I like R better than B but would go out with either of them again. We went to Portfolio, my new fav LBC coffee house. It has surpassed TDG in many ways because it is closer to my house, is frequented by many artsy folk and scruffy tattooed men, thereby making it infinitely more cool, AND because Barista G does not work there (but other hot baristas do). I go there so much now, I'm almost becoming a regular. A lot of people go and hang out there every night so it's only a matter of time before we're all bestest friends.

THE THIRD DATE...
....is today at lunch. It's with D. We're going to the Macaroni Grill. I'll let ya'll know how it goes.

APARTMENT NEWS
Our Landlord RD announced he is selling the building soon. This will be the second owner transfer the General and I have survived. The last time this happened, our rent ended up $300 more, my pretty orchid died because of the requisite pre-sale fumigation policy, and I've lost a great deal of sleep and peace of mind. Since the transfer the landlord has kept me up with all the bumping and grinding him and his chica do. Every night. Somewhere between 11-12. It lasts about 10 minutes. Turns out she's pregnant! I have to say, I'm not surprised. I am more concerned for that poor child than anything else. I hope it's okay and not too bruised from all that repetitive motion.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bestest friends..for reals??!!

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com