Monday, April 02, 2007

Up Next, Ryan Gosling!

I had a dream last night I was dating Ryan Gosling, from The Notebook. He was such a good boyfriend in my dream! I totally want to be dating him right now.

I think I dreamed we were dating for two reasons: 1) The Notebook came up last night during our book club meeting, and 2) I've been thinking about relationships a little bit lately because I met a nice boy (see boy story below). He is nice enough that I would maybe want to continue dating, but now he is acting strange. So I think my little sleeping mind pieced these two things together and created a perfect little love between myself and Ryan.

It was a nice dream, and when I woke up, part of me wanted to call this fictious boyfriend of mine. Instead I wrote this blog post. (sigh).

Here's the boy story:

I met him on St. Paddy's day. He is a friend of a friend. We had lots in common and enjoyed one another right away. He even came with me that night to my an ex-coworker's party after we left the bar. Even later that night I met a handful of his friends. We planned to go camping together and when we parted ways, we exchanged numbers. I heard from him the next day over myspace, we emailed a bit, he called me later in the week, and then we went out that Thursday night.

The date was great. He was a perfect gentleman and I had tons of fun with him. The next day we emailed a bit more to discuss the upcoming camping trip. And then.....NOTHING. That's right, NOTHING. No emails or phone calls beyond last Wednesday. WTF?? He seemed in to me. Boys are so strange.

Fortunately, I'm not TOO upset because the situation isn't ideal: no one likes long distance relationships and he may be rebounding (a 3 year relationsip just ended for him). So in the words of Charming, But Single, next!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger joink said...

G & Joink think they saw Mr. Gosling here in LA the other day. ("G & Joink" - look at me using psuedonyms - I'm SO one of you!). He was jogging down LA. Does he have tattoos? Eitherway he had a nice body, so if he's your boyfriend - I'm totally okay with that. He seems sweeeeet.

FYI - had much fun at your lil (read: HUGE) party, and G showed me some pix! Love them! I even liked the ones with me in it.. you make me photogenic! Thank you!!!

12:08 PM  
Blogger Virginia Belle said...

hmmm...i don't know what to say about this guy going AWOL on you. i'm sorry it happened....i can't understand why, either. but you're moving, anyway, so maybe you should just focus on all your new adventures coming soon!! (that's what i would tell myself, anyway. hope it makes you feel a little better!)

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com