Monday, March 12, 2007

The Good Life

I have a major case of senioritis. The general called it, and she is totally right. Last week I was supposed to go to a meeting. I was even supposed to be sort of a "back-up" resource for someone's presentation. Meaning, if someone asked him a question and he didn't know the answer, I could step in and help. But the thing is, he didn't need my help. And the other thing is that this meeting is sort of stupid. Nothing ever comes out of it.
I decided not to go. At all.

Here is my justification: I am only here for a few more weeks, so I don't need to know what's coming up regarding product launches and the like.

And even though I did flake, I didn't do so without notice. I did alert the presenter-guy to my absence. I emailed, "I have too much to do today, so I'm not going to the meeting." What I didn't tell anyone was that the stuff I had to do involved internet browsing and blog reading.

I'm so finished with this career.

On another note...

I got one of the best compliments ever. KA told me "I live life well." This is something I really try to do. I try to do lots of different things, see lots of different places, meet lots of different people. I want to soak up the world. I know it is impossible to see and do everything, but I try to see and do what I can. If I REALLY want to do something, I try to make it happen. And if possible I try to get it done "now" as opposed to "later."

The only real goals I still have yet to complete that are not already in progress are 1) seeing Africa and 2) being in a truly wonderful relationship with a good man. Possibly a third item would be having kids, but I'm not sure about that one yet. All other goals, which include changing careers, having fun, "seeing the world," are works-in-progress.
And I could even argue (if I were to argue with myself) that the Africa goal is already in progress too. Because I am going to do that once I finish getting my NP degree as part of a medical volunteer thing. And my NP degree stuff has already begun.

Everyone has their own definition of what a good life is. But I really try to live my definition of one. So when I hear from someone else that I do just that, it makes me very happy.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Virginia Belle said...

that is really cool that you have done so much traveling. i wish i could say that. i just never seem to have the money to do it. i probably spend too much $ on shoes and lipstick...

so yeah, i'd say you're better at life than me! LOL

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com