Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Ole!

For various reasons, my family and I are not that into Christmas this year.

A few years back we spent Christmas in Australia. It was summer down under and most of our trip involved being on or in the water. It was unChristmas-y but really, really fun.

This year after discussing over email how we weren't feeling too much holiday spirit, I jokingly wrote that we should just drive down to Baja instead. We could spend Christmas day drinking margaritas and eating quacamole in the sunshine. I was shocked when all of them replied with an anonymous "That sounds great!"

This morning I reserved rooms at a nice beach resort/spa on the Baja coast north of Ensenada for three days! We're going to pull a Dylan McKay. I can't wait!

And the exciting thing is that there's so much to do down there. There are cave paintings near by and a huge natural ocean blowhole. Also there are wineries. Who knew? And of course, spending time in the heated infinity pool and at the spa may be in order...

Feliz Navidad!

1 Comments:

Blogger ka said...

when in doubt do as Dynlan does :-)

how fun! olé cha cha cha!

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com