Thursday, July 13, 2006

3 PM is the New 5 PM

One final down, one to go.

I've almost become a permanent fixture at the local Borders (BTW, I don't actually like Borders...I am Barnes & Noble loyal but for some reason the location, the lighting, the crowd at this Borders is more study-inspiring than our local B&N).

Only downfall, this Borders comes complete with Seattle's WORST Coffee where they apparently can't serve 1% milk because it's a health code violation. Even though they fiddle with milk when they make it all latte-frothy. And even though their momma company Starbucks gladly whips me up 1% whenever I want it. Oh well. A wise old rocker once said "you can't always get what you want." So true, Mick, so true.

Tomorrow after my final final we're going to happy hour (3pm IS 5pm in Chicago). My little school crush is going too. We can call him BBF, for Bio Boy Friend. I'll keep ya'll posted!

I imagine that come 3:30 tomorrow, when I am done with this class and near my new classmate friends, sitting upon my bar stool at the local TGI Fridays, sipping a fruity cocktail and shaking my head at the oh-so-80's red-and-white decor, I will have found a very happy hour.

1 Comments:

Blogger Virginia Belle said...

Yay! glad you are done w/finals.

good luck w/bio boy. ;)

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com