Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The Good Finale

TCN left on Sunday. It was sort of a sad good-bye. More because I think "good-byes" in any capacity can be sort of sad.

For example, I hate the 405 freeway. But if I was driving down it one day and someone who knows the future told me with certainty, "ML, this is the last time, EVER, you'll be driving on this freeway," I know a part of me would think "OMG, I'll NEVER be on this freeway again. EVER. I hated it but I've spent so much using it to go between here and there...it's like a part of my past!"

Yes, that's how I think sometimes. And that's why I think TCN's departure was sad. That and the fact that he was crying and so was his sister. And the fact that he gave me a big long hug that felt more meaningful than I care to honestly admit to myself. But I can allude to it here, to you fine people, because this is just a little anonymous blog floating around cyber space. Wherever that is.

We said good-bye in my apartment, then we went out side where everyone else in the complex came out to say good bye. Then he drove off and honked. The whole thing felt like the end of a sitcom season.

It was a good finale.

1 Comments:

Blogger Y. said...

Ding dong TCN is gone! =)

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com