Monday, June 12, 2006

In the Gutter

Anyone who has spent any time with me in the last month knows that my new favorite joke-y sort of thing to do is to respond with a "That's what he said" whenever someone says anything that could be interpreted sexually. It's so fun! It's so easy! It's entertaining for everyone! And you'd be surprised how many things people say that come with built-in double entendre. Even in Microbiology. For example...

A basic bacteria shape is the coccus. Another one is the rod. Given the context of this post, I'm sure you know where this is heading...but I'll take you there anyway.


LHL (Long Haired Latina of Anatomy and Phsyio fame) sits next to me. The prof was asking about the shapes of various bacteria in lab. One guy answered about a specific one by shouting out, "It's a rod!" LHL chucked softly and said, "He said rod." The next bacteria shape was round. And when the prof asked about it, I answered "Coccus!" followed by a soft chuckle that only my neighbors could hear. LHL then said to me, "You just love the coccus." And I couldn't, I COULD NOT, stop myself from saying, "That's what he said."

I think LHL was surprised. She knows me as nothing else but the girl who always beats her. I probably seem serious, focused, annoying and nerd-like. But now she probably thinks I'm a bit of a slut too. A serious, focused, annoying, nerdy slut. What fun!

Then later when we were inoculating our test tubes with some bacteria, I heard LHL telling our other table-neighbor, "You just open it up and stick it in." She was saying this to the young cute guy I sort of have a crush on (due to slim pickings). He's so young and innocent, I'm not even sure his mind knows how to find the gutter, where mine apparently takes up contant residence. This time I didn't say it out loud. But I wanted to. I really really did.


How old am I again?

4 Comments:

Blogger kq said...

I would have been rolling on the floor or crying while trying to hold back the tears. I still laugh at fart and poop jokes. Poop. Heehee!

11:07 PM  
Blogger Y. said...

Speaking of poop, a coworker of mine emailed me something the other day. My response was, "Poop. You suck." He promptly forwarded it to one of my partners. Lesson? Don't use the word "poop" in a work email! =)

11:52 PM  
Blogger vitamin g said...

there's nothing wrong w/ a little poop., it's a part of all of us. i love the "that's what he said" it's so fun to use! what a great way to liven up the EA :).

i'm waiting for someone ere to say, y'know that package is jsut too small... that's what he said!!!

9:03 AM  
Blogger kq said...

At work we also have this warning label that says "Warning: Small Balls" that we have to add to packages sometimes, when the toy has little balls that the child might accidentally swallow. Heeheeheehee.

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com