Thursday, May 25, 2006

Gingham-Clad Hay Jumping

Today I am wearing a red and white gingham scarf-like head-band thing. It makes me feel youthful and jubilant. I feel like skipping. I feel like wearing cowboy boots and cut-offs and running in the sunshine.

One afternoon when I was little, my mom and I watched some 1960's Debbie Reynolds movie. My mother explained that Debbie Reynolds was Carrie Fisher's mom. My mother then explained that Carrie Fisher was Princess Leia. And since I planned on being Princess Leia when I grew up, this woman's connection to her made her infinitely more cool. My interest in the movie grew. I don't remember much about the movie's storyline, but I do remember one scene where Debbie Reynold's spunky young farm-raised character leaps from a loft-type thing in a barn into some hay below. The boy who is courting her watches this and giggles with delight. Then she giggles and the whole family giggles, and the audience really understands how sassy and fun-loving Debbie's character is. Well, somehow my red-and-white gingham head-band conjures all of this up for me. It makes me want to play in some hay. Preferably with a cute cowboy who will chuckle at my sass.


Matthew? Matthew Mcconaughey? Where are you???

I went to the dentist yesterday. I DO NOT like the dentist and always start a strict routine of crash flossing a month before my visit. This time, I musta done good because I got a, "Your gums hardly bled this time." Which I interpret directly to mean, "Your gums are in fabulous health." Call me crazy, but I have always been of the theory that if you DON'T poke sharp metal things into soft tissue, there won't be any bleeding...

And despite what any family members may think, I also got this comment: "You have a very small mouth." Yes, dear readers, despite how big my mouth can be figuratively,my mouth is smaller than average. Especially my lower jaw. I have had 4 teeth pulled from my lower mandible to make more room and still the teeth tend to bunch up together in the front. Dentists/Orthodontists/Mouth People like to point this out.

Well tomorrow I am off to Cabo for our second annual weekend of wholesome, pure spring-break style fun. And I go armed with my freshly polished teeth, a smaller than average jaw, the mental freedom of just having finished finals, and the spirit inspired by my memories of Debbie Reynolds hay-jump. It's gonna be a great trip.

KM told me this an in email today: "Let your heart be free and shamelessly make out with a tan man on the dance floor." I wouldn't want to let her down...

2 Comments:

Blogger Y. said...

That KM is full of wisdom. =)

1:40 PM  
Blogger HB said...

KM is very correct, what better way to show your spunky sass!

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com