Monday, May 22, 2006

The Best of Friends

Most of my friends and most of the people who read this blog know that for the last two years I’ve been slowly working towards becoming a nurse practitioner. And last Friday was officially the end of the marketing career path I have been on for the last five years. It’s been a long scary road, but I am very excited about putting more of my energy now towards the next career. And I want to thank a few friends in particular for their support. A few months back, I was having a really stressful, scary time in regards to figuring out the details of this. The Private, in trying to keep me from getting too discouraged, suggested that when I am ready to quit work, we do something to celebrate. While I don’t like to make people celebrate something on my behalf too often, the idea of celebrating something that was scary and exciting sounded fun. These plans evolved into going out to dinner with just a few closer friends. I didn’t want to make it too big deal. I expected a night of good company, good conversation and good food. That’s all. But I have to say I was thoroughly honored and touched when not only did my friends come to dinner for this, but they also had a really special, meaningful gift. They donated money in my name to Doctors without Borders!! DWB is the organization that I want to volunteer through when I am done getting my masters. And, regardless of my intention to be involved with it, DWB is a fantastic organization that helps people all over the world get the medical attention they need to survive. And sometimes, all that is needed is a vaccine or an IV. DWB helps saves lives and it is really special that my friends wanted to show their support (of me) while also donating to an organization that helps others and gives back to the world.

So Y, Hbo, Private and General: Thanks so much for your continued support. I can’t tell you how much it means to me.

And Y, please tell T I was really touched by the flowers. He most definitely didn’t need to do that, but I’m glad he did. I love them! Especially ‘cause it’s been a hell of a long time since a boy or ANYONE for that matter has given me flowers. So even if they are given to me by a friend’s boy, I’ll take it when I can get it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Y. said...

Em - You know we love you too! I forwarded this to T and he says he feels special for having been mentioned. =)

Super glad you liked the flowers - I like to make sure everyone supports his flower-giving endeavors!

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com