Thursday, May 04, 2006

Love in the Time of Chai

I haven't posted for awhile due to a big exam and quitting my job. But I've been creating posts in my head since last week, and now today, I've finally had some time to actually write some of them. There are three new posts now, starting with this one:

I have a new addiction to obsess about: Chai Tea Lattes. This is actually a rebirth of an older obsession. And the reason for its renaissance is because of the book I'm reading: Shantaram. It's a great book based on a true story. It's called a novel, but I think that's just to avoid a million little pieces of disaster. The story details the life of a fugitive hiding out in India where he gets involved in the Bombay Mafia (yeah, they have one). Very good read. And I just found out they're making it into a movie starring Johnny Depp. But I digress.

In the novel, they drink a lot of Chai. This novel is over 900 pages long, so that's over 900 pages of me reading about Chai over and over. Which makes me want it. And so now a Chai addiction is in full swing. TDG has fantastic Chai Tea Lattes. And of course, there's always the old standard of The Coffee Bean. For a lower fat alternative, I also enjoy Trader Joe's powdered decaf version. It is a perfect low-calorie dessert for high-calorie days.

And because I am sure you were all wondering, I still love the fresh Roasted Tomatillo Salsa from TJ's. In fact, I love it so much that I am only letting myself eat it on the weekends. If I didn't relegate consumption to Saturdays and Sundays, I would RUIN my stomach lining.



3 Comments:

Blogger Y. said...

Yay, I LOVE chai!! My friend's mom sends her the spices and she makes the best chai tea ever. Too bad she lives in Chicago. =(

12:51 PM  
Blogger ka said...

ohhh....may have to check that book out.

and nice to have new posts to read.....anything to keep from actually working ;-)

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so very glad you are enjoying Shantaram; it is very chai-inducing. Very sad that I am almost done with it. Have to find another book based in India. ;-)

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com