Thursday, April 27, 2006

Confessions of a Greeting Card Addict

I love sending cards. Cards of encouragement, cards of thanks, birthday cards, happy [insert any occasion here] cards, etc. I think it's a nice, meaningful way to tell someone you care. And usually when I'm at Target doing a quick little card run, I buy a few extras. I find it's always useful to have some extra birthday/ encouragement/ congratulation cards on hand. In case, you know, by chance you forget something important. Or in case someone's having a really bad day.

Well, on Monday night, things got a little crazy. I was feeling particularly loving towards everyone I know, and as I perused the card aisles I kept coming across cards that would be perfect for specific people on specific occasions. Even if those specific occasions weren't any time near now. But how often do you find perfect cards like that? So I gave in to this little streak of good luck and decided to buy any card that seemed like it could be right for someone someday. After all, soon I will not be able to buy anything.

(That, BTW, is the excuse I've been using for every purchase I've made lately. It's got to stop. And it will. Soon. I promise.)

And so the pile grew and grew.

When I went to check out, the thought occurred to me that this might be sort of expensive....with the cards ranging from $3-5 a pop I realized it was possible, nay likely, that all this would cost more than the $10 I had planned on spending.

And, well, I was right. I walked out of target with a brand new pack of Pina Colado chewing gum, enough greeting cards for every known (and unknown) event in the next several months, and $75 less in my wallet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com