Thursday, May 11, 2006

Love the Thug in Ya*

Wednesdays are my favorite day of the week because I feel like they are the only day that is truly and 100% for me. Monday night I am usually doing homework/studying. Tuesday and Thursday I have class. And weekends are generally filled with socializing and spending time with other people. So Wednesdays are the only consistent "me" time I've got. This generally means that it's a busy night. I try to go to the gym. I try to make a healthy dinner (which usually necessitates going to the store to buy food to cook with). I catch up on stuff around the house. I watch some of my favorite TV shows. I catch up on personal computer stuff (photo editing, uploading, my space, etc.). And if there's time, I read my book.

Wednesdays --> Fun;
Wednesdays --> not always relaxing

Last night I came home after doing several errands and making several phone calls. I cooked a healthy meal, I plopped down to watch ANTM, and then remembered I had to take the trash out, bring the trashcans back in from the street and vacuum! Also there were dishes to do. I knew if I didn't do it last night, I wouldn't be able to until Saturday morning.

So at 9:30 I did a power cleaning job of the apartment, dusting and washing, vacuuming and sorting. While I was busy cleaning I got a phone call from my next door neighbor. Not TCN, but the guy in apartment 1. The guy who likes to have loud, late-night sex with his ex, the girl in apartment 3.

It was strange that he called because he never does that. Sometimes we text message but usually--since we lives next door--we just talk in person. He didn't leave a message so I texted him "you called?" He called back right away and said, "So, I'm trying to have loud crazy sex right now and you're vacuuming is getting in the way of my concentration. Can you arrange your cleaning schedule around my sex life?" The ex was laughing in the background.

It was all in good fun. And it's great that we can joke about their exhibitionist ways...but seriously, if anyone is going to inform anyone else of behavior, it should be THEM warning ME as to when THEY are going to hook up. Otherwise, those new brightly-colored Rite Aid ear plugs I just splurged on will go to waste.

*This title has nothing to do with this post. But I love the new Ciara song and I think that line is funny. Especially 'cause when I think of a "thug" I think of Vin Diesel. And I don't think I could ever love him. So I am not sure I will ever have the opportunity to say "I love the thug in ya." Except here on the frog, to you fine people.

4 Comments:

Blogger vitamin g said...

hmmm, it's funny you associate vin w/ thug cause when i think of him i think: closet case

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, the post and the post post.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Follow the Frog said...

well, it's more about they way he talks. He talks the way I imagine a thug would talk. And he seems kind of dumb, the way I think a thug would be. But maybe my ideas of thug are not right...

2:01 PM  
Blogger vitamin g said...

you have a good point... i think he's over compensating :)

p.s. i am given the most difficult combo of words to type everytime i want to leave a comment... it's quite a fun challenge to see if i can post on the first try!

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com