Friday, July 01, 2005

Give me an Inch!

I'm convinced. No one knows what an inch is. You'd think that after spending years in elementary school using rulers and drawing isosceles triangles, people would SORT of have an idea...Here are the areas where I most often encounter widely varying definitions of what an Inch is.

1) Coffee: I request an inch of room with my Double Americano. This is so I can add in cream. Sometimes I get a half full cup and sometimes I get an eighth of an inch. More often than not, it is the latter. But either way it is annoying.

2) Hair: Sometimes I request haircuts in terms of inches. "I'd like a half inch trim please" or "please cut two inches off the bottom." Probably for fear of cutting too much off, I find they usually cut less than I request. So why don't I just ask for more than I want to ensure the right cut? Because Murphy's Law applies. Every now and then you get someone who is chop-happy and will do more than you request! It is an unending battle.

3) Short Friends: I am 5'7. Some of my friends are shorter than me. By several inches.

4) Guys: I don't have an appendage I like to measure and brag about. But if I did, I would certainly be honest with at least myself about the size. Enough said.

BOY UPDATES
I had a second date with my match favorite yesterday (henceforth known as "the Favorite"). It went well. No fireworks or anything, but I don't think real-live relationships have fireworks....

And...a sad update. Barista G called AGAIN. He wants to hang out on the 4th. He DOESN'T get it. I am FORCED to be "the guy" here and just not call. And this also means, no more TDG visits. Fortunately I have Portfolio to fall back on. And just this morning I spied a hot guy there. I know I wowed this new guy with my impressive conversation styling...I said "I like your tattoo" and he said "thanks." Clearly, it's love.

1 Comments:

Blogger vitamin g said...

can you say "stalker"? he's what 12 right? :P, it's so cute he has such a big crush on you! and even though it's hard to do you might have to tell him it just isn't going to work. otherwise, he might continue to think something can happen. boys can be stupid, wait no, boys are stupid.

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com