Wednesday, June 29, 2005

The Barista Strikes Back

Hello! I've been MIA for a few days because I had a big fat term paper for my Human Development class due last night. It's so annoying when responsibility gets in the way of posting photos, writing on blogs and emailing friends. At least it's done. I have one more lesson due today (which means four quizzes and a discussion post), then my final tomorrow (a big fat test!), and then I'm done. I'm very glad this class was only a month long. While the material is fascinating and I feel bad that I didn't actually have time to learn much (because I was too busy taking all those damn quizzes and online tests), I found out it is not a pre-req for the new RN BSN program I will be going in to. I'll get more into that later this week....

The Barista

Thought this was over, huh? Well so did I...so we had what I thought was our last conversation two Saturday's ago. It went something like this:

B: What are you doing today?
ML: Too much...I have to go here and pick up this, then go here and do this, etc. And I'm exhausted from being up late last night drinking too much and flirting with other boys at TUG in HB.
B: Wow...sounds like you're busy. Sounds like you're too busy for everything these days (said pointedly, with a sullen tone of voice)
ML: Yeah, I am pretty busy...
B: Well call me one day when you're not.

I felt bad about this but for me, this was the "this is over" conversation. I had promised myself, as you may all remember, that I still wanted to be able to go to TDG for my morning coffee. And so it was with great trepidation that I approached TDG on Monday morning. I was thrilled though when someone I didn't know served me and when I didn't see Barista G. Interestingly enough, later that day, I got a text message from him saying "You can still get coffee here even if you don't want to date." I wrote back saying, "I have and will. Was there today but didn't see you." And then I said something that was sort of a lie: "It's not that I don't want to date, it's just that the timing is off." I never heard back from him. This morning, I pulled into TDG on my way to work. He saw me right away and leaned out the window before my car even got to it to get my attention. I pulled up and we exchanged hellos. He said "I'll talk to you around back."

Dread set in. What did he want to talk about? What was there to talk about? I pulled around back to wait for my drink and did my best to seem very busy fiddling with my money and wallet. When he came out with my drink, he wouldn't let me pay (sweet, but unnecessary and somehow this gesture made me fell more guilty....). He then brought up his text message and said that he only sent it because he hadn't seen me all last week. And I said, "That's because I didn't come in last week. I was busy and my morning schedule doesn't always allow me to come in...like if I'm running late, or picking up my boss, or have an early meeting." He said "cool" and then we said our good-byes and I pulled away.

The Evil Sith Lord and his Vader
So you may have noticed my clever title...in honor of Star Wars Part 3 it is. On Sunday, saw it with my family I did. Good it was. Sad that it is over I am. As a child, Princess Leia I wanted to be. Yoda for Halloween, my brother TL was (he was 2!). Stop talking like Yoda I will.

My boss also loves Star Wars. We talked over a fantastic sushi lunch all about the movie. We've decided the Marketing is on the Dark Side and that that makes him the Evil Sith Lord. That makes me Darth L, his apprentice. It's great! Now I can call him Sith K and we all think it's funny!

Stay tuned for an afternoon post on my bestest friend Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It's just like Vitamin G's love for Veronica. I should get a t-shirt


Also, I have a second date with my Match Favorite tomorrow. We're going to eat...get this...sushi.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo on the second match.com date! Have you heard back from the other ones?

ch

12:28 PM  
Blogger Follow the Frog said...

no but one was going away on vacation and he said he'd call me sometime before I leave for Cancun (which is around the time he's back). I have not heard from the other one but he told me to give him a call and I just haven't yet...not sure i want to. I had fun with him and he was nice but I'm not sure he would be good b/f material.

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like you handled coffee guy right. You should buy stock in sushi, Darth L. That must make me Darth M.

tlc

1:49 PM  
Blogger ka said...

i think the little white lie you told barista G is exactly what you needed to do. You left things at place where there isn't a true rejection. So you are still able to get your morning fix at TDG and possibly a free coffee every now and then. Don't feel guilty....too many boys have drained you, so you might as well let this one fill you up with free coffee if he wants :-)

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com