Wednesday, February 07, 2007

The Long Way Round

Ewan McGreggor likes motorcycles. In 2004, he and his best friend decided they should ride their motorcycles across the world. They started in London and they finished in New York. They were going to cross 20,000 miles and 12 countries in 115 days. They were going to ride through areas where people don't usually ride--places in Russia were they used to send people for punishment, areas in Mongolia where there are no roads, cities in Kazakhstan overrun by the mafia. They wanted to find sponsors but had trouble finding a good motorbike company who thought they wouldn't fail. They had trouble getting visas and trouble explaining to certain governments the why's and how's of their trip. But they did it, and they videotaped the journey. It is documented now in a six part mini-series called the Long Way Round.

I started watching it last night and I love it.


First, I love the adventure. Second, Ewan and his sidekick are very funny. Third, they have a lot of struggles to overcome, and I find myself oscillating between feelings of jealousy ("I want to explore too!"), shock ("You are crazy!"), and wonder ("The world is full of so many different things, people and places!").

It is great and I highly recommend it to anyone who has interest in seeing the world. So, I recommend it to everyone, because everyone should want to see the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com