Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A Florescent-Bright Future

So things are looking up re: my future.

I have found several more programs I can apply to. While none of them are quite as perfect as UCSF, many are great and will work just fine (should I get in). I have completed one application and am working on another due on January 15th. Then I will apply to many more in the coming year. Since these programs are all accelerated ones geared towards getting students a second bachelors degree or a bachelors/masters combo deal, they all start at different times of the year and go year-round. Therefore, I am working on a big matrix of all the programs I want to apply to, when their deadlines are, what courses are required, etc.

This is a lot of work (sigh).

Other good news: I just got a volunteer position at an ER in downtown LA! Well kind of. The head of ER nursing is a friend of a friend and she called just now. She wants me to come in next week, fill out my paper work, get a TB test and then start. She said the hours are up to me so it sounds like it's pretty much a sure thing.

I envision helping out a cute doctor while he skillfully tends to gunshot wounds. Just kidding. Well, I'm only kidding a little bit. I'm sure there will actually be gunshot wounds to tend to. And I do love me some cute doctor. But I know that the fantasies in my head are way more glamorous than the reality of it all. And even if there is a cute doctor, I might not notice. No one looks good under florescent light.

One more thing. People have been asking about the hotel in Ensenada, so here's a picture of the of the pool/deck area. Every room had an ocean view looking out over this:

3 Comments:

Blogger Y. said...

OMG - that is gorgeous! I'm so excited about going this year! =)

Also, very excited about the new developments. I'm so glad you're bouncing back from your minor setback!

3:40 PM  
Blogger sassafras said...

I agree, what a beautiful spot!
Glad that you are following some more leads...a bright future indeed =)

10:17 AM  
Blogger Virginia Belle said...

hot docs, gorgeous hotels...you live the life, girl. :)

good luck on all the applications. i know those are exhausting to complete. blech.

6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com