Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Match Date Recap #2

Last night I had a date with a different match guy, B. I had fun! I never once thought "I'd rather be at home" and I was in no way anxious to leave. This is a good sign. Also, I'd truly like to get together with him again. My only concern is that I'm not quite used to the timing of his humor. But that sort of thing gets better as you get to know someone. Also, he couldn't believe I live where I do and hang out in the South Bay (SB) all the time. Like it was INCREDIBLY too far. He lives in the SB and I am about a half hour away. So if we were to date more he might have to venture out of his comfort zone. And if his comfort zone is limited to a two mile radius, this could never work.

I think he wants to go out again.

At the end of the night, in an awkward fumbling first-date kind of way, he said, "So...what is your schedule like over the next couple of weeks? You are probably busy."

My response: "I'm actually not that busy and will be around until the 21st."

B: "Let me know if you come up this way again."

I didn't like this comment. Because what does it mean? Does it mean that he wants to hang out again, but only if I happen to be around? He knows I'm up in the SB all the time, but I'm usually there for a reason (to spend time with people I've made plans with). So I wouldn't probably call just to let him know I'd be around. But I realize his comment was probably just been an easy, safe way for him to communicate he'd like to hang out again.

So, I said with a smile, "I could even make a trip here just to meet with you."

We hugged good-bye. It was a hug that lasted a few seconds longer than a normal, platonic hug. Again, a good sign.

We'll see what happens though...you never know what to expect with these strange, strange people we call men.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Call when you're in the area? Oooh, I don't like those kind of comments. I generally take that to mean, "I am not willing to drive to see you, but if you happen to be in the area, if you make it easy for me, I'll probably date you."

Good luck, though, it sounds like you had fun!

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com