Friday, January 19, 2007

Dusty Memories

I mentioned in my post from yesterday that I lowered my bed recently. My bed has been on riser-things for almost 4 years now. In both my current apartment and my last one, this helped give much-needed storage space. Last weekend I decided I didn't want my bed up high any more. I really couldn't tell you why I decided this, but I lowered my bed on Tuesday night and it feels right.

The funny thing is that under-the-bed, at least for me, has been for all those things you can't bear to get rid of but that you don't really need. The process of lowering the bed meant taking everything out, sorting through it, packing some of it away, throwing some of it away, and getting reacquainted with all that had been forgotten. A lot of dust and a lot of memories were stirred up, and I've had strange dreams every night since about meaningful people from my past. Remembering these people has made me miss them. The dreams don't help.

And all this makes me wonder about sleeping over things. How does that affect feng shui? Do pieces of the forgotten seep in during those hours of the morning when your quite mind is empty? Does it somehow add to the sleeping experience, in the sense that you are surrounded by the stuff that has helped shape your life and who you are?

I'm not sure. But to B, G and F--I miss you and our memories. I am glad I remember.

3 Comments:

Blogger joink said...

That happens to me too. Only they typically will turn into nightmares. I seem more prone to pessimistic attitudes. I've also had dreams about people from my past, and felt this intense longing for their friendship when I woke up. Weird part is, I was never really that close to them in the first place.

Odd, ay?

BTW, I'm trying to update my blog now. You asked me to (over a month ago - WHOOPS!) hopefully I can be funny-haha online, even tho I see myself as more funny-whatsupwithim? in person. :)

It's michael btw, gs's michael.

http://letterstomadonna.blogspot.com/

11:47 AM  
Blogger joink said...

I totally wrote a reply to this, and then the site got all mad at me, I think cos it's from canada?, anyway - I started blogging again, or at least will attempt to. You asked me to back in December... so, hopefully I'll keep up!

It's Michael, btw. As in gs's

http://letterstomadonna.blogspot.com

11:49 AM  
Blogger joink said...

OH. I'm retarded. I didn't see the approval thing...

And yet, here I am leaving a THIRD post :-P

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com