Thursday, January 18, 2007

The Year of the Bartender

I haven't really been in the mood to write or read blogs lately. Part of that is because things have been crazy and I've been running around a lot (thus, not regularly at a computer). Even work has been crazy. Since work is normally the time that I do things like email, blog, plan future travels, etc., actually working during the day means I've had a less time for all those non-essential time-sucks. That doesn't mean I haven't thought about posting though.

So this is the 18th day into 2007. Here are some statistics from this year (and my experience of it) so far:

Since 2006, I have liked, flirted with and/or given my number to three separate bartenders. Nothing came of it. Good thing I'm a wizened 28 year-old. I didn't expect anything. (Well, technically, the jury is still out on one of them. I may see him tomorrow night.) Nevertheless, this bartender-in-07 thing began on New Years, and therefore 2007 is the officially the Year of the Bartender. Pour moi.

Since 2006, I have asked out one movie star. My
Big Damn Hero. He never read the email in which I asked him out. Again, I expected nothing so I don't feel sad.

Since 2006, I have read one book,
Lamb, about Jesus' best friend Biff. It was funny and good! Thanks CH and Y for suggesting!

Since 2006 (remember, 18 days ago) I have worked out thirteen times. This year is gonna be full of healthy living! So far, so good. My initial observations included a more constant hunger, which led me into a crazed state of snacking, along with extreme fatigue. Fortunately the stress kept me from sleeping. Which made me a little delirious earlier this week. Now I am less hungry, less tired, less stressed, and (hopefully) less heavy.

Since 2006, I have uncovered a new obsession. This new obsession is
Battlestar Galactica (BSG), and watching it has improved my life (thanks Napper). Between January 1 and January 17, I watched seasons 1, 2, and the first half of 3. That's 44 episodes and one 4-hour mini-series. It has made all other TV shows less interesting for me. I love Love LOVE this show because the sub-plots and story arcs are so perfectly multilayered and complex. The characters feel like real people, torn between doing what is right and what is easy, and they are all tangled up in emotions and motives and questions about what makes us human. And, oh yeah, they're doing all this while struggling to survive.

Since 2006, two new traditions (among my friends and I) have sprung up and been adhered to:

a) Weekend Warm-Up:
KA and I decided to be more social during the week. Last Thursday night we went to a great lounge in MB. It was lots of fun!

b) Sunday Night Dinner: Some of my friends and I thought a bi-weekly dinner at someone's house with home-cooked food would be fun. 'Cause we're old now and that's what old people do. Last weekend we had our first SND. A whole group of us hung out and ate yummy panini. It was nice and I look forward to future evenings.

Since 2006, I have been on jury duty (there was a HOT judge! I wanted to help him keep the bench warm), been on two unfruitful match.com dates (nothing good to report), re-calculated new school-career-path plans countless times, applied to two new nursing programs, written five essays about why I'm wonderful and every nursing school should take me, celebrated
Hbo’s birthday, started the spring semester (taking three classes this time), started the process to volunteer in an ER, received a TB test, did major clean-up in my room, lowered my bed (it was up on riser things to give more under-bed storage), and...well, I guess that's all.

Now only 347 days left.

Tomorrow BFF KM comes to town. We're going to get our groove on to 80's music saturday night. If only I could find my LA Gear acid wash jean skirt and pink members only jacket...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com